Sign in to follow this  
Greg from Chestertown

Anthem show hype

just thought I would make a spot to talk about the upcoming DC area classic recreation. Talk about the venue is positive. Talk so far about possible shows are all about RFK stadium. Hey, isn’t Merriweather kinda DC area? I wasn’t there but ‘85 (?) crazy rain storm show. Ok, I started. Take the ball and run with it.

5 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

just thought I would make a spot to talk about the upcoming DC area classic recreation. Talk about the venue is positive. Talk so far about possible shows are all about RFK stadium. Hey, isn’t Merriweather kinda DC area? I wasn’t there but ‘85 (?) crazy rain storm show. Ok, I started. Take the ball and run with it.

Hoping it will be a thousand-petal lotus, unfolding in constant renewal... as Jerry described it himself. 

• Like (+1) 1

The venue is epic. Will be my 3rd show there. The sound is phenomenal and there is space for days. Last time there I was singing bohemian rhapsody with PG and 100 others or was that a dream? 

• Like (+1) 3

Go up to the third floor during break - and check out the Atrium as you walk in. It is beautiful and a grate place to cool your wings. 

053D58AF-ECF9-4F54-8B72-76984F5A7CC4.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Awesome venue. Parking is a bitch. I just started a thread about parking vs. metro. Anyone know how late they'll play? Last train at 1 a.m.

That’s something have no clue about. I avoid driving in big cities as parking is $30-50. 

The show will end at midnight as it’s an 8pm show 

My cousin went to the Jrad show there about a month ago. He said you drive right in, park underneath the place.  I’ve never been there but that’s one of the reasons I decided to go, cuz it sounded easy.

Do they stream shows on Mixlr? I feel like I've seen them on there before. Are there in video options?

TIA

When we went for DSO last year at the Anthem, we could find no parking and almost missed the beginning of the show. There was also some sort of winter/Christmas spectacular thing happening and it was a complete zoo. I think we're doing metro since we'll be out early enough.

1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I heard there was a ton of parking underground there and it wasn’t a problem at all. 

There is a parking garage underneath the venue, though I don't know what the capacity of the garage is.

I DO know, however, that it costs $25 to park in said garage.

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, sarahsmile said:

capacity is 1500

Hence it will likely be filled to capacity given that it's a Saturday night during the holiday season......lots of restaurants and bars down there.

Plan accordingly....

Hardpan posted doors open 6 show at 7:30

hmmm just enough time for the 4.5 hour 6/10/73 DC show... just saying

Parking has never been so stressful 

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Hardpan posted doors open 6 show at 7:30

hmmm just enough time for the 4.5 hour 6/10/73 DC show... just saying

Don't tease me. 

• Like (+1) 1

The boys often killed it

at the Cap Centre.

9/3/88

9/12/87

9/25/76

And of course the

breakout festival

Spring 90.

There are many eligible shows for our band

to choose from. Looking forward to a

Sat. Nite hoedown with good friends

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 2

That Landover 3/16/90 was fun. 

The only place to grab a drink after the show is to the left of the theater. Bar food was scrumptious , though I might be prejudiced as I was starving post show. 

Rainman just guessed 7-1-85. Figured I’d toss it out for the 40% chance he’s off.  I assume he’s looked at previous shows on tour and in DC while putting his a beautiful mind skills to work. The entire process took him 3.2 secs. 

• Like (+1) 1

How tightly do they pack this place? Hoping for a little breathing room! Would be nice to meet any of you folks from the forum, I'll be set up with my stuff near the soundboard, wearing a bright looking spiral and glasses 🤓

• Thanks (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

How tightly do they pack this place? Hoping for a little breathing room! Would be nice to meet any of you folks from the forum, I'll be set up with my stuff near the soundboard, wearing a bright looking spiral and glasses 🤓

There is more space than most anyone would want.  While I hope DSO fills that shit up (it holds 6,000), last year I was able to easily to get all 'Sound of Music' with it:

giphy.gif

We'll come find you!

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 2