Rolling stones

Rude

• Forum MVP

So the stones are playing June 21 and 25th at soldier field and GA field tix are 187 each with stub hub fees which is half of what any other ticket is. But.....that’s summer tour time. Wrigley Deadco field my buddy got was $170 a ticket. I’d take the stones over deadco any day of the week at the same price. But I don’t want to screw up Dso summer tour with a 1 timer show in Chicago. Choices...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Mango said:

Different animals. Steely Dan= studio mastery. More of a recent discovery for me.

Dig up some early seventies shows before they stopped touring,  great stuff.  I know there is one from London and from Seattle out there from 74 that are excellent.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, bs69 said:

Dig up some early seventies shows before they stopped touring,  great stuff.  I know there is one from London and from Seattle out there from 74 that are excellent.

No doubt. Even the stuff from 90s and 00s is excellent. Alive in America great

• Forum MVP

Corruption of the Stones thread!! Jk 😜

people may argue the Beatles were the most important band ever but the stones are the most accomplished. They are at like 55+yrs of touring with early songs that sound modern plus so many styles of songs throughout their career. Paint it black was 66 and still resonates. Of course they don’t tour every year. They are like 77,75 and 73 I think? 

• Forum MVP

I just hate to commit to a 1off show middle of what I know will Be Dso summer tour... I could make the Chicago 21 or the 25th work but don’t know what to do. GA field is going up about $1 a day on stunhub and that’s what I want. The seats are like $600-1500. Wtf. Older peeps I guess. I saw steel wheels tour in 1989 in Louisville. I went up and waited in line all night for tickets with a high school buddy. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mango said:

Rock and roll without Jazz influence bores me. Put on "Aja" and enjoy

Full album or the song?

I like music that makes me move my feet dance. I like dance music but my dance music. Otherwise it bores me. 

I’ve listened to about half the album so far. Not bad but I don’t love it so far. I’ll finish and repeat once see if it takes stronger hold. 

Vocals are too airy for me. I like the tempo changes mid song but I don’t. It’s definitely not dance music at times. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

I just hate to commit to a 1off show middle of what I know will Be Dso summer tour... I could make the Chicago 21 or the 25th work but don’t know what to do. GA field is going up about $1 a day on stunhub and that’s what I want. The seats are like $600-1500. Wtf. Older peeps I guess. I saw steel wheels tour in 1989 in Louisville. I went up and waited in line all night for tickets with a high school buddy. 

I took in AKG 460's in a "horn hat" with a D5 for this Cardinal Stadium show. It got rough towards the end when half the audience left our row on the floor and the lights were on the audience, keeping from ushers seeing us, but we made it out with the tapes. 

2 hours ago, Rude said:

Corruption of the Stones thread!! Jk 😜

people may argue the Beatles were the most important band ever but the stones are the most accomplished. They are at like 55+yrs of touring with early songs that sound modern plus so many styles of songs throughout their career. Paint it black was 66 and still resonates. Of course they don’t tour every year. They are like 77,75 and 73 I think? 

Spot on. I think The Rolling Stones are equally as important as the Beatles and as you said certainly more accomplished. I certainly enjoy them more... but I also would enjoy 30+ other bands more than the Beatles. 

I think you should go see them if it’s in your realm of possibilities. 

• Forum MVP

Aja can be listened to in it’s entirety. I think it’s best served up that way. Reckoning is another album like that. Just play the whole thing. Steely Dan used to have a ‘bootleg’ floating around called ‘you gotta walk it like you talk it, or you’ll lose that beat.’ I can’t remember if it was any good, but I had it a hundred years ago.

• Forum MVP

I guess what not really connecting with me is I don’t feel it. Technical excellent playing. Drummer on point but I don’t feel emotion from the singer or the playing. Been listening to a lot of blues lately. Drips with emotion. Ain’t no love in the heart of the city 

Btw, WS Wolcott medicine show has a great dance groove. 

• Forum MVP

Steely Dan does not have meaningful lyrics like the dead. They are generally cynical, sarcastic, or speaking about something specific. Kind of the opposite. To me it's just fun music, not even on the same planet as GD. But i still love it. I get why you don't.

Saw steely dan at the beacon a few years ago and the music was great but I couldn’t grasp everyone sitting down the whole time. That was not fun for me. I was waiting for people to get up and starting moving but it never happened lol.

The Rolling Stones have been a show I wanted to see for some time because they rarely come around but the prices at MetLife are insane. Nosebleeds are going for 269.00 without fees so its way over 300. Thats way to high up of a price and in the sky to see a show imo. But I may just have to suck it up this time and pay to see ants on the stage. Heard they still can rock the fuck out

• Forum MVP

Stones were absolutely amazing in the Mick Taylor years, not so much after in my opinion. I'd certainly drop a lot of cash to go back and see them in 72. For Steely Dan pull out Pretzel logic and Royal Scam and find the live show from London in 74

Archived