Woodstock 50th anniversary

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

There should be all kinds of celebration marking this amazing event, especially since it falls on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I hope DSO does something big to commemorate it. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/life-and-culture/erry-2018/11/b416086836774/woodstock-50th-anniversary-con.html

There is talk of two events- one at Watkins Glen and another at Bethel....

• Forum MVP

woodstock50-203x300.jpg

Sorry it didn't print any larger. My tech skills are lacking.

Looks like they have a grate lineup booked. If you squint real hard, like reading an eye chart, DSO is there on the second line of the fine print.

Glad to see SCI there too. :herdy:

• Forum MVP

Wow! That’s cool. Dark Star Orchestra at fiftieth anniversary of Woodstock. I would consider that ‘making the big time’. That’s a step above selling out Red Rocks, if you ask me. (Not that I’m anybody) They deserve that kind of recognition. I hope they recreate the Grateful Dead’s set list from the first Woodstock, maybe embellish it, if time allows. I’m so happy for the band and crew. 

• Forum MVP

Interestingly enough (or not), that poster is several years old and I came across it a year or so ago. I thought I had saved it but evidently not so I just did a quick search for "fake Woodstock 50th anniversary poster." Another one comes up also but this one looks cooler.

And I liked the chance to use the Herdy donkey. It's been a while.

• Forum MVP

Nice. Glamping tents will be available. Better get your lines of credit available now. Those things only run $5k a person, but u get a golf cart chauffeur so it all evens out. 

• Forum MVP

I’m committed to jubilee and Colorado run so I doubt I’ll be doing any Woodstock stuff. I’m less than confident they have me in mind as a target audience anyway. 

“Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Woodstock with Kanye and friends” 

🙄 lol

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I must be getting old. It sounds like something I would try to avoid as opposed to going to. Gimme DSO in a cozy venue. On second thought, it doesn’t have to be cozy. 

This is a small setup(35k). The 1999 one was like 400k people. Screw that nonsense. My roommate got the 1994 Woodstock PPV. Big Concerts on tv. Was sort of novel. I think he vcr’d the whole thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, chuckvegas said:

woodstock50-203x300.jpg

Sorry it didn't print any larger. My tech skills are lacking.

Looks like they have a grate lineup booked. If you squint real hard, like reading an eye chart, DSO is there on the second line of the fine print.

Glad to see SCI there too. :herdy:

I'm pretty sure this was meant as a joke because other than Greg allman being dead there's know way all these bands could play on one bill cause it would last a week

• Forum MVP

It’s totally real!  I already Venmo’ed $2K for VIP.   Thank god for my pre-sale invitation directly from the promoters - if I don’t go I’ll just sell it for 5K.   Tea is a shrewd businessman - just ask Rude.

Takes money to make money people!

Archived