The Travelin' McCourys and Jeff Austin Band

Tea

• Forum MVP

They are coming through here on Friday and I think it might be fun.  One set each by The Travelin' McCourys & Jeff Austin Band + a collaborative set of Grateful Dead. Traditional bluegrass fused with Jamgrass.

Has anyone seen this? 

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, Tea said:

They are coming through here on Friday and I think it might be fun.  One set each by The Travelin' McCourys & Jeff Austin Band + a collaborative set of Grateful Dead. Traditional bluegrass fused with Jamgrass.

Has anyone seen this? 

Not exactly. I saw the mccoury’s w/out Austin and it was a good show. I’d say it’s worth a check out. 

• Forum MVP

Saw it last year at the Hartford festival. I wasn't impressed with Jeff Austin. When they were on stage together, there were too many players on the stage and it got watered down considerably. You'll get an Althea and a Cumberland Blues out of it. Might as well go if it's convenient and reasonably priced. We left have way through the collaboration set called "The Grateful Ball", but then again it was the last show after a 4 day festival.  Jason Carter (traveling  mccourys) is probably the best violinist around these days.  He recently sang a "For What It's Worth" with del sitting  in. It's on YouTube. 

Archived