The Hamilton, DC?

Hardpan

Wondering if the band is going to play  electric there this year. I see that they have only ever played acoustic shows there, but this year, they they are playing there two nights in a row, and nothing about them playing acoustic was mentioned in the tour announcement. Got tickets for both nights, hoping electric 🙂

1 hour ago, Sticks said:

I love D.C. but I've never been to a show at this club. Hardpan, are people able to dance or stand with no issues ?

I've never been there, but it's a 600 capacity venue with the option of ga standing room or ga tables. Wonder what they're gonna do, can't imagine two nights in a row acoustic, but who knows. They seem to announce the acoustic shows along with their tour date announcements.

• Forum MVP

I thought that they may be recreating a show that had an acoustic first set, 1970,1980?, followed by electric sets. They do have us associating the Hamilton with acoustic shows and they do have a knack for keeping us guessing, and pleasantly surprised. We got a first set acoustic, three set show in Wilmington, De. A couple of years ago. A real good time. I’m anticipating a pleasant surprise. Let the good times roll. 

• Forum MVP

I would think more the stage is small so they been doing acoustic shows. If they not preannouncing acoustic, I would bet on two one drummer shows. One elective. One show. Just my guess. I haven’t been to venue and I won’t make these either but if my guess is right those in attendance in for some great shows. 

13 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I would think more the stage is small so they been doing acoustic shows. If they not preannouncing acoustic, I would bet on two one drummer shows. One elective. One show. Just my guess. I haven’t been to venue and I won’t make these either but if my guess is right those in attendance in for some great shows. 

That's what I was thinking and hoping for, as well, like what they do in Dewey Beach. The stage looks small for the whole two drummer setup. We will see!!

• Forum MVP

Yes like they do in Dewey although I’ve never seen this stage and will not this time around. I do no hope you guys get the one drummer pigpen show. I want the one drummer pigpen show and I will be at least 7 of these shows including jubilee. However, considering the venues and the festival, I’m probably looking at two drummers each night. So hopefully I get the 69 show. 

3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Yes like they do in Dewey although I’ve never seen this stage and will not this time around. I do no hope you guys get the one drummer pigpen show. I want the one drummer pigpen show and I will be at least 7 of these shows including jubilee. However, considering the venues and the festival, I’m probably looking at two drummers each night. So hopefully I get the 69 show. 

We will see, I'd love to get a 69 show, still haven't seen one. I'm looking at 7, too, these, the Cap and the Jubilee. I'm sure it will be fun.

1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I was thinking about Dewey with my earlier post. They had always done first night recreation, second night elective. Last year , they switched that up. We can only guess. Only Eaton knows for sure and he might not even know yet. It’s all part of the fun. 

We'll have to wait and see, you gonna be at these, Greg? 

• Forum MVP

Well, I can’t really afford it. My daughter is getting married in October. I recently found out that cost is going up more than two grand. It’s my busiest time of the year, work wise. So, yea, I’m going to try at least one night. If not, then I don’t catch a show until, I dunno, Dewey? That’s too far away from how it feels inside. Dark Star Orchestra is my life support system. I need shows like I need air. 600 seat venue sounds like I better pull the trigger soon. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Well, I can’t really afford it. My daughter is getting married in October. I recently found out that cost is going up more than two grand. It’s my busiest time of the year, work wise. So, yea, I’m going to try at least one night. If not, then I don’t catch a show until, I dunno, Dewey? That’s too far away from how it feels inside. Dark Star Orchestra is my life support system. I need shows like I need air. 600 seat venue sounds like I better pull the trigger soon. 

Congrats on the wedding 

9 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Thanks. Proud papa. Walking her down the aisle has kept me on my best behavior for a long time now. 

Sounds like it's time to tip the scales back to balance and buy tickets 😈😈😈

• Forum MVP

seems a common way to go.....just got my ticket for the first night. Balance thus achieved. Aah, the feeling of having a show to look forward to. It’s nine degrees out and the ground is covered in snow, suddenly, it’s spring time! I’m also considering Jeff Matson and friends in Ardmore, pa. In March. I imagine that would be similar to the Jerry Band show DSO did in Baltimore last Spring. I had a blast that night. 

38 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

seems a common way to go.....just got my ticket for the first night. Balance thus achieved. Aah, the feeling of having a show to look forward to. It’s nine degrees out and the ground is covered in snow, suddenly, it’s spring time! I’m also considering Jeff Matson and friends in Ardmore, pa. In March. I imagine that would be similar to the Jerry Band show DSO did in Baltimore last Spring. I had a blast that night. 

I saw Jeff Mattson and friends last March and this December in CT. Great show, some Jerry stuff, also lots of other stuff and some of Jeff's originals. I have a recording of this December on the archive. Their drummer was recovering from pneumonia, and they played as an electric trio without drums, so my tape doesn't best represent their sound, but there are other recordings on the archive that do. Definitely a nice way to break up the winter and see a killer band.

2 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Plus that venue in Ardmore, Pa. has been around forever, if I’m not mistaken. The old  23 East Cabaret. Not sure. I can remember hearing commercials on the radio about shows there close to fifty years ago. Again, if I’m not mistaken. 

Sounds like a cool place, looking forward to seeing you in DC.

• Forum MVP

Splintered Sunlight played like every Thursday night at Brownies for a long time. It was good dance practice. 

Btw, 5 of our 7 intersect. I will be at jubilee and the cap as well. 

I maybe able to stretch it to 8 or 9 but we shall see. 

11 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Btw, 5 of our 7 intersect. I will be at jubilee and the cap as well. 

I maybe able to stretch it to 8 or 9 but we shall see. 

Hope to meet you, I'll be taping so I'll be at the bottom of one of the tall poles with the mics on top if you wanna come say hi 🙂 

Wishing to pull off the Jersey shows but I'll definitely be in trouble at home if I do that 😈

Archived