The Hamilton, DC?

Hardpan

Yes indeed, that's always my plan now since I started taping. Trying to get a good recording is just as fun as everything else 🙂

Told my wife I'm gonna set the rig up in the bedroom after she falls asleep to prove that she farts 😅

• Forum MVP

The sneaking in and the fob danger buzz kept me hyped during the first few years of taping, then going for the maximum spread of the mics, then ending up just wanting to dance without hassle of flipping the tape. It's a great feeling capturing and then sharing , keep on keeping on like you do,  greatly appreciated 

2 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

The sneaking in and the fob danger buzz kept me hyped during the first few years of taping, then going for the maximum spread of the mics, then ending up just wanting to dance without hassle of flipping the tape. It's a great feeling capturing and then sharing , keep on keeping on like you do,  greatly appreciated 

When I first started, I thought it would detract from my fun, but I've found  that it is really easy, no tape flips  with digital, but I've had a couple grueling nights of trying to keep my stand up in high traffic areas in packed venues. Those are the recordings I treasure the most, though.

Thank you and other tapers for getting your fob captures, some of the most killer stuff. It had to be so much fun. Do you have any of your tapes up on the archive at all? I was thinking of trying to set up another stand at the Jubilee this year to get a really wide spread, no idea if it's worth it or whether my mics would warrant it, but it might be fun, or at least an ordeal 🙂

• Forum MVP

Accoustic shows are fun. You get some legit rare songs. The only full accoustic show I saw Dso was joking and talking with the crowd between songs 6 years ago in Bloomington. It was in my 1st 10 shows so I didn’t appreciate it as much as I would now. I think it was the only time I’ve seen some of the guys interact with the fans during the show. 

• Forum MVP

I saw DSO do one of their acoustic shows in honor of their one thousandth show., at the Birchmere in Alexandria, Va. That show was one of my first ten Dark Star Orchestra shows too. My second Grateful Dead show was acoustic so there was no way I was going to miss catching DSO doing acoustic. Gotta love it. Even though it isn’t announced, I really would love to see DSO do acoustic again when they come back around again to the Hamilton. I would be so appreciative. Here’s to looking forward to an incredible show, regardless. 

• Forum MVP

Bout to hit hit my 100 show mark with DSO and have not seen an acoustic. It's my current white whale. Gotta happen and I can't fuckin wait. I'mma jgb/garcia-grisman nut. Wouldn't give my left nut, but would love to hear barraco rip a little Sadie. 

49 minutes ago, gr8fulpair said:

Bout to hit hit my 100 show mark with DSO and have not seen an acoustic. It's my current white whale. Gotta happen and I can't fuckin wait. I'mma jgb/garcia-grisman nut. Wouldn't give my left nut, but would love to hear barraco rip a little Sadie. 

Brother when you catch it you won’t be disappointed I’m sure you know. I caught my first one this past spring tour in CT. It was fuckin fantastic and everything i had hoped for. 

• Forum MVP

Keep in mind, the band hasn’t announced that they’re playing an acoustic show this time around at the Hamilton. Don’t get me wrong, ain’t too proud to beg. Maybe we can convince them to play acoustic. I would like to see them recreate the Radio City show I saw but  they’ve already played it. The odds are not in my favor.

Archived