I want to hear this

Hardpan

On piano we have Mr. Rob Barraco. On drums on stage left, Mr. Rob Koritz. On bass and vocals, Mr. Skip Vangelas. (Thubump, thump, thump, tss, thubabump...) On rhythm guitar and vocals, Mr. Rob Eaton. On the drums on stage right, Mr. Dino English. On vocals, Mrs. Lisa Mackey. On lead guitar and vocals, Mr. Jeff Mattson. Will you welcome please, Dark Star Orchestra. Da-da, da-da... 

One of the best recorded moments, in my opinion. You know the band could pull it off. Who could pull off the intro, though? 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I have a disc of that recording taken off of a bootleg album known as Imaginary Ballroom(?) my bootleg was called something else. Can’t remember, it’s gone. So is the album.

"Make Believe Ballroom" I think it was called.  Classic stuff.

Yep,  8/13/75 at the Great American Music Hall, One From the Vault. This was one if the first Grateful Dead CDs I owned. Probably my favorite HSF, maybe because it was one of the first shows I really listened to constantly, you know how your most listened to versions become your standard.

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Yep,  8/13/75 at the Great American Music Hall, One From the Vault. This was one if the first Grateful Dead CDs I owned. Probably my favorite HSF, maybe because it was one of the first shows I really listened to constantly, you know how your most listened to versions become your standard.

Thats a fantastic show. That had marbles on it too. I’d have to say that’s my fav HSF. I played that mother out!!!  

• Forum MVP

I don’t know if we gonna do stage banter or intros I probably prefer fresh takes. If you talking about the show, that be a great one to catch.

what about the jones gang introductions. We got Dino Jones on drums,  and on eeeeelectic guitar Jeff jones

17 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I don’t know if we gonna do stage banter or intros I probably prefer fresh takes. If you talking about the show, that be a great one to catch.

what about the jones gang introductions. We got Dino Jones on drums,  and on eeeeelectic guitar Jeff jones

I agree that the intro would be tough to pull off. No one could match Bill Graham's perfect delivery, cadence and inflections. You can hear the good humor oozing from the recording as he introduces, "on bass and vocals, Mr. Philip Lesh" and Phil's response, equally good humored, just laying the shit down out of the thumping bass. I think the intro got the band all juiced up to deliver one of the finest HSFs ever, and a killer show to follow. I still think the band could ham it up and have fun with the intro, if they had the right announcer to do it.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, Hardpan said:

Also an all-time favorite, probably because we played that CD over and over in 91/92.

I think Bill Walton would do a nice job doing the intro for DSO.

Archived