Summer tour 2019

Rude

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, Rude said:

Question for the band. Is Riverfront Live cincy going to be indoor or outdoor. Shows they have both options. I assumed outdoor but I also thought the venue was riverfront park which is a venue by the football stadium which is just an outdoor municipal park and this is a private music club.  Shows indoor 1200 capacity and outdoor 3500. 

Venue website states outdoor

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Thanks. What’s weird is I googled riverfront live cincy and there was an article about an outdoor venue by Paul brown stadium and a pic and I was like that must be it then my buddy from cincy said it’s a bar that used to be called Annie’s. I’m like no way. My research skills seem to be lacking. 

Im itching for true Dead it seems. I didn’t get what I needed music wise 10 days ago. Seems like it’s been forever because my dead itch never got scratched 

• Forum MVP

Maybe we already talked about this but I wonder why is such an early show? Doors at 4:30 and show at 6. Weird curfew rules? Opening act? Just wondering because we will wake up in Chicago and have to haul ass to Cincy. 

• Forum MVP

Band is killing us softly. They know many don’t drink while exercising so giving us more time post Show is their diabolical way of weeding us out, Midwest 1st. Look for mysterious checks coming in from think tanks that are really the brains behind it all. I can’t see the whole band being in on this but when checks come you don’t ask from where they come. You know to keep quiet and not ask questions.Dino tried to get out once and woke the next morning with a note next to his bunk and a temporary paralyzed arm. “Do we have an issue still?”  After that when an order to play a 6pm show in the sun comes, over the telefax, no one questions and just books it.  At least that’s the rumor going around. Can’t be sure of ananything anymore with the fake news and such. 

FYI I use this board as a creative writing outlet at times. The current conspiratal state of discourse in the country provides some good fodder to expand on. We are in the gold rush of fanciful conspiracies and I enjoy playing off that. 

Thanks for posting messages about the Sat show at Riverfront Live. I was wondering the same exact thing - why the early start time? Just got tickets so my wife and I will be there. I guess we will hit the road back home much earlier than usual. Am hoping the afternoon sun does not scorch us too bad before it sets.

Humorous conspiratorial post by "Rude", thanks for the laugh. 

Alright folks, I just called the Riverfront Live number and spoke to a rep there.

In regard to the early start time (6pm) for the show tomorrow (Sat), he told me DSO will play two 2 hr sets!!

See you there!!!

And I was thinking 6 - 11 with a set break. The rep said that another band named “Highly Unlikely” will play inside from 11pm - 2 am after the DSO show ends.

Yeah, I guess we will see how it plays out tomorrow. I can’t wait. My last DSO show was their Red Rocks show last summer and it was killer.

The start time for Cincinnati according to the recent DSO Facebook post is 6:30. 11:00 pm noise curfew mandates the early start. The venue is formerly known as Annie's, but recently reopened under new management. It's two miles from Riverbend Music Center. It's a lot of concrete ground with a big stage. Very little shade and no cushy grass. The huge bar inside will probably be open if you need to cool down from the sun. DSO played there about ten years ago. 

• Forum MVP

Man. It was so good my highlights were BTW, the last 3 of set one, sunrise, GSET, Deal, Fantasy, and truckin was nasty. Grate show. So thankful for this band. The boys were trying to tally my show on the road trip yesterday and we got in the 60’s before I couldn’t remember any more. To be able to see a band that many times and still feel as good leaving a show as I did last night is truly a miracle and speaks to the super high level this band is on. See you in Black Mountain. Safe travels and enjoy the show tonight!!! 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Dead duck said:

The boys were trying to tally my show on the road trip yesterday and we got in the 60’s before I couldn’t remember any more. To be able to see a band that many times and still feel as good leaving a show as I did last night is truly a miracle and speaks to the super high level this band is on. 

They have been at a high level for a very long time. I thoroughly enjoyed Knoxville/Cincinnati couplet. 300+ shows and I am still excited for next one...Can’t wait for Black Mountain so Wednesday in St L will be my next fix. And then the good Lord willing...I’ll do it...do it again.

• Forum MVP

Awesome show. First set allowed us to pace ourselves a bit so we'd have something in the tank for the second. Always love a good Mr. Fantasy coming out of space followed by a rollicking throwing stones and beautiful comes a time. Great sequence. 

• Forum MVP

Omg Milwaukee is going to be high of 70 Saturday. Fuck yes!!!  These 80/90 degree shows are draining me. Perfect way to end tour!!!! Aurora is gonna be another high 80s scorcher too. Keep thinking I’ll acclimate but dancing in heat is something hard to get used to. 

Archived