Summer tour 2019

Rude

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Rude said:

Omg Milwaukee is going to be high of 70 Saturday. Fuck yes!!!  These 80/90 degree shows are draining me. Perfect way to end tour!!!! Aurora is gonna be another high 80s scorcher too. Keep thinking I’ll acclimate but dancing in heat is something hard to get used to. 

Pre tour endurance training. Perhaps hot yoga.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I suggest lots of steamy nasty sex. 

Steamy sex in a 70 degree room is the same as dancing in 70. 

Tommorrow will be heaven. High of 72 in Milwaukee. 68 at showtime and 65 at the end.  That’s perfection 

• Forum MVP

Tonight dancing was like having sex in a hot tub. It’s great but you know you may fall out at any time. Went to the beer vendors to get cups of ice water from the cooler to pour on my head. Tomorrow is gonna be 60s with 15mph winds. I’ll prob freeze since my blood is finally used to hot weather. This must be like navy seal training. Forged in the fire. Do you have what it takes to survive a 4 hour show with only a 30 minute break in mid 80’s with only 4 liters of water?  If you do you likely have what it takes to join the worlds most elite fighting force. 

• Forum MVP

Rude - you want to contemplate show going stamina, consider the closing of Winterland...

Doors open at 5:30 for a screening of the newly released Animal House.  Then New Riders around 7:30 and the Blues Brothers around 9. They finish at 10, and it's a full 2 hours before the Dead hit the stage at midnight.  And you most likely don't have a seat unless you're in the balcony. 3 sets later, you're taking in Wharf Rat around 4:30AM and finally Bid You Goodnight at 5:15.

The fact that Bill Graham served everyone breakfast on their way out into daylight doesn't sound like such an amazing gesture at that point; more like a necessity.  Suffice to it say, if you're ever gonna dose, that'd be a fine night to pick!

• Forum MVP

Looking forward to Englewood, AC and Asbury next month. Was toying with the idea of Ridgefield but $75 for an acoustic show is a bit steep for me. Shows look good so far. Hope all are enjoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Getting excited for the first couple of the next run here. Hampton Beach always a blast. Then outdoor RI to top it off seems to work great. I’m sure most of you have your plans together by now. Hope to see many of you on th play ground. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mango said:

To Dewey or not Dewey? 

You should definitely go and Shine your light there.  Rarely do we say we wish we didn’t go.

By the way - it’s pronounced:  DUI.  The cops they dont need you.....

Just decided to go to Hampton show from philly.  leave Friday at noon pitch my tent at wakeda campground at 6:30 and be at the venue by 7 

$50 to rustic camp. Never been to Hampton beach but mason gave it a thumbs up .  Is it GA or seats ? I need my dancing space . 

• Forum MVP

Saturday night can get tight. Those that got the groove will be able to dance but those struggling to find their feet may be overwhelmed. The dance party gets pretty frenzied. Friday always seems less crowded more laid back. 

Archived