Happy 79th Birthday Phil!

Tea

• Forum MVP

Happy 79th Birthday to one Philip Chapman Lesh!  My life will never be the same because of your transcendent talent!  Keep on rocking - it's ok to let other people sing sometimes - lol:

0394.jpg

phil.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=505,706

65z75mj2pvez.jpg 

19870502_2055.jpg

2dbeaf735533f76649e6bb25a01441b9--dead-p

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, gr8fulpair said:

So that's at least one deadhead that's made it to damn near 80, anybody know one older? I gotta a 75yr old deadhead buddy, but I got him into it about 10yrs ago.

Well, there’s this one woman in town. One day I pulled up to the Laundramat with my BOXRAIN license plate. She was sitting out front. I got out of my truck and started walking towards her and the laundramat. She started singing box of rain to me. Her son died in the eighties at twenty four years of age. She said they played Ripple at his funeral. She’s every bit of eighty but I am not going to ask her how old she is. 

I used to work in a marina with a guy around the turn of the century who went to San Fran on vacation. When he got back he asked me, Who is this Jerry Garcia guy? He bought two CD’s while he was out there. One was Jerry band acoustic from Broadway in ‘87. Can’t remember the other one. He plays guitar and is into blugrass. I gave him the lowdown on Jerry and the boys. I also gave him Reckoning, Shady Grove, Garcia/Grisman, probably more. He taught himself Ripple on the Guitar. He does open mike nights in the area. He’s gotta be in his early eighties by now. 

Does that count?

Archived