Psychedelic Poster Article

PoetryGirl

The divergence   of a few pockets of male and female teenagers away from the norm and spread by TV  to the rest of the country in the mid 60’s to early 70’s has to be the most epic cultural shift in history. Not surprising only a few women are recognized, since the entire US  had women for the most part relegated to house servants. But those few that were seen and heard without specific credit, opened a door so wide, a single generation later is experiencing a degree of self independence and self fulfillment that warrants each women of that short period to be honored individually. That old culture has been so torn apart it’s hard to see it existed.  My 20 year old daughter lives and speaks and acts in a manner born just 50 years ago and she doesn’t realize the shift.  I can’t give high enough praise to the unmentioned women from the 60’s and their strength 

oh yeah , and praise DSO 

• Forum MVP

Back in the day, I had an old timer give me a couple hours if his time, giving me advice on running my business that I had just started. He didn’t have to but he did. He told me to hire  women to work for me because women are stronger than men. They are because they have babies and they have to put up with men. He told me that thirty years ago and I haven’t forgotten it yet, Haven’t seen him since. 

Archived