Sugaree

Big River

? Country song sung by bass player

Black-Throated Wind

China Cat >

Love The One Your With >

I Know You Rider

Might As Well

Electric 2 w/ Randy Bauman on keys (most/all?)

Shakedown

Saint

Etta James song (Don't Make Me Cry?)

Lazy Lightning >
Supplication

? Jeff Original

? theCause Original >

Bertha

White Rabbit

With A Little Help From My Friends (w/ several guest singers)

Jeff on everything.  Lisa on 3/4 of it all.  GREAT night.  Some transitions to/from the jams within songs were a little iffy, but the raw power of it all more than made up for it.  Lots of spirited play.  The whole acoustic set was sublime, especially Rosalie and To Lay Me Down.  Beautiful harmony between Lisa and Jill.  Crazy surprise between China and Rider.  Awesome Shakedown, and whatever that Etta James song was was just KILLED by Jill.  Might have been my favorite tune of the night.  Anyone know the Jeff original?  It kinda reminded me of a Trey Anastasio composition, which is not a criticism lol just an observation :)  theCause's original was a catchy tune as well.  15 "anymore's" to end the Bertha.  White Rabbit.  I've heard it a few times now, but I think this was THE one.  Brought.  The.  House.  Down.  The people near me not familiar with Lisa were blown away.  I was like, she's always like this! LOL  No, the Rabbit was a really REALLY good Rabbit.  Help From My Friends was played and even sung in that Joe Cocker at Woodstock-ish way, and was the perfect end to a great night.  See you all there next year!!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
6 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Major props to you tallying and reporting on the number of “Anymore”s in Bertha, Days.

Hehheh, thanks.  As one who tried to memorize Deadbase back in the day, I saw that they'd list the Anymores in the Tape Timings section, and so I tend to count em at the end of every Bertha.  Just one of those things that I always do at shows :)  I also hold up my beverage at "Inspiration" in Terrapin, pound my chest at "some are mathematicians" in Tangled Up (I teach the stuff), and giggle like a schoolgirl whenever a singer blows a line because I can't help it; I just find that damn funny and enjoyable.  Shows the boys are for real, and what's going down on stage, is for real. Funny thing I JUST realized though.... I don't think I've EVER seen Lisa mess up a line.  EVER.

Guess the Women (truly) Are Smarter.  Ha!  

• Like (+1) 3