What to do with 1000's of hours of Bootleg Dead

Topcat

and other bands on DVD that i have.I was crazy about trading for VHS bootleg Dead shows and shows from other bands.I amassed one hell of an archive. I have everything on DVD.....transferred  from the tapes i traded for....done on the best equipment.Some of it is astounding for quality considering the technology back then for the general public. I have no lists and it would be a lot of work to generate one. I would love to see these in some kind of archive that people could access and enjoy.....and hopefully recoup a part of my investment........

Any of you out in DSO land have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance!

Peace  WildBill

100_9507.JPG

100_9506.JPG

I can't be sure, but I think most video footage that circulates is probably up on YouTube. It would be a lot of work, but I think the only way to see if you have anything that isn't up there is to cross reference what you have with what is up there, would be a good way to compile a list of your collection in the process. YouTube would be a good place to post anything that you have that isn't out there. As far as recovering any investment you made, you can't legally sell any "bootleg"  Grateful Dead material, audio or video, and that policy holds true for any other taper friendly band. It must have been a challenge to get a collection of video together before stuff circulated on the internet, thank you for wanting to make it available to others 🙂

• Forum MVP

"As far as recovering any investment you made, you can't legally sell any "bootleg"  Grateful Dead material, audio or video, and that policy holds true for any other taper friendly band. It must have been a challenge to get a collection of video together before stuff circulated on the internet, thank you for wanting to make it available to others 🙂"

you got that right, I'm sure lots of us have shelfs and drawers full of recordings both Audio and video.  

Archived