Sign in to follow this  
DesertDead

1st set jam of the day is...

Little Red Rooster.

If you read this, your mission is to find one and listen to it before you go to sleep tonight.  Please report back which one it is so that others may choose to dig it as well.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

That's a good one alright. I think it's tough to top those late 80s versions.  Definitely want to hear Brent doing his verse. Early 80s Roosters can be a tough sell, with Bobby essentially learning to play slide on stage!

• Like (+1) 1

Brent’s “yes I am” 🤣 almost like an Atlanta Rhythm Section  “yesh Iram” at the end of his rant. Happy you enjoyed! 

3/29/87. My first Rooster. When I started, my buddy told me if you ever see Little Red Rooster or the Wheel, you’re seeing a show. I got both songs for the first time in the same show. It took seven years, but it happened. The wheel was out of space and Bobby broke a string. He ran backstage and Jerry just went noodling away until Bobby got back and they could get into the wheel. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Went straight to the mountaintop, huh?  

There are indeed other great ones, but none better, in my view.

Jerry absolutely caves your brain in with his slide play.

Righteous.

2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

So new jam: Jack Straw  😃

My first show:  10-20-84 Carrier Dome

Bonus listen for the love of fidelity if you have a good system ready to go: Tom Darien's FOB B&K recording of 6-10-90 Cal Expo.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm psyched I know JohnA's first show.

79/10/27 Cape Cod Coliseum, South Yarmouth, MA

Chock full of fluttering Jerry goodness.

Brent dropping in the 79 keys.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

79/10/27 Cape Cod Coliseum, South Yarmouth, MA

Chock full of fluttering Jerry goodness.

Brent dropping in the 79 keys.

'79 Jack Straws seem to pack that special wallop.  Good call.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll share my first Jack Straw, as it is from a first set that everyone here should hear at least once:  6/20/88.

• Like (+1) 1

1/22/78 Jack Straw always stays at or near the top - just ridiculously epic.

13 hours ago, John A said:

My first show:  10-20-84 Carrier Dome

Bonus listen for the love of fidelity if you have a good system ready to go: Tom Darien's FOB B&K recording of 6-10-90 Cal Expo.

I can see Bobby's butt cheeks hanging out of the back of his shorts .... Perhaps a better part of your first show was space into wheel 🥰😍

• LMAO 1

Ok, boys and girls.  Here’s Saturday’s 1st set jam o’ the day...

Feel Like a Stranger.

Enjoy!

HumpDay 1st set song of the day is...

Bird Song.

You’re welcome.  

Please circle back with the Bird Song that you listened to today so others may share in your selection.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, gr8fulpair said:

I can see Bobby's butt cheeks hanging out of the back of his shorts .... Perhaps a better part of your first show was space into wheel 🥰😍

I feel DSO is missing some authenticity in the costume department. Saw a zeppelin tribute where they dressed just like them. It’s time for Eaton to take his 80’s short cutoffs that we all had several pair of out of the mothballs and on stage with the summer late 80’s shows. I think I wore the same cutoff shorts every day in the summer of 90. They were perfectly frayed and so soft. Plus you got a better tan with them being so short. No phone in your pocket either. No clue what you were doing that day but grab a few friends and head towards the lake. Peaceful living in the day.