1st set jam of the day is...

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

3/29/87. My first Rooster. When I started, my buddy told me if you ever see Little Red Rooster or the Wheel, you’re seeing a show. I got both songs for the first time in the same show. It took seven years, but it happened. The wheel was out of space and Bobby broke a string. He ran backstage and Jerry just went noodling away until Bobby got back and they could get into the wheel. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

So new jam: Jack Straw  😃

My first show:  10-20-84 Carrier Dome

Bonus listen for the love of fidelity if you have a good system ready to go: Tom Darien's FOB B&K recording of 6-10-90 Cal Expo.

• Forum MVP
48 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

79/10/27 Cape Cod Coliseum, South Yarmouth, MA

Chock full of fluttering Jerry goodness.

Brent dropping in the 79 keys.

'79 Jack Straws seem to pack that special wallop.  Good call.

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, John A said:

My first show:  10-20-84 Carrier Dome

Bonus listen for the love of fidelity if you have a good system ready to go: Tom Darien's FOB B&K recording of 6-10-90 Cal Expo.

I can see Bobby's butt cheeks hanging out of the back of his shorts .... Perhaps a better part of your first show was space into wheel 🥰😍

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 4/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, gr8fulpair said:

I can see Bobby's butt cheeks hanging out of the back of his shorts .... Perhaps a better part of your first show was space into wheel 🥰😍

I feel DSO is missing some authenticity in the costume department. Saw a zeppelin tribute where they dressed just like them. It’s time for Eaton to take his 80’s short cutoffs that we all had several pair of out of the mothballs and on stage with the summer late 80’s shows. I think I wore the same cutoff shorts every day in the summer of 90. They were perfectly frayed and so soft. Plus you got a better tan with them being so short. No phone in your pocket either. No clue what you were doing that day but grab a few friends and head towards the lake. Peaceful living in the day. 

Archived