Pisgah Camping?

Mr. B

• Forum MVP

No camping on site. There’s a KOA 1.2miles away but screw those people. They hate deadheads. Like as in calling the sheriff to look around our sites b/c they hate us. 

• 3 months later...
  • Forum MVP

I agree not a great waking area for camping or hotels. Uber would work great assuming they have Uber in that part of town. I stayed at the BM inn once. I was on a serious space ship ride and had to consider walking. It’s closer than the KOA or Super 8 but a buddy around here told me just to sweat it out. So I let the watchtower wash away the confusion as I knew there must be someway out of here. We drove home. 

• Forum MVP

One year we couldn’t find any Uber’s and hit the parking lot and bummed a ride. It’s pretty easy to find someone to give u a lift. These are deadheads after all. 

• Forum MVP

The year I went solo and did KOA I ended up driving a truckload of drunk neighbors to and from. Was kindly rewarded with late night campfire fajitas. Good times. Then in the middle of the night I heard a ruckus and one of them had damn near torn his tent down from the inside trying to get out because he couldn’t find the door. 😂😆😆

• Forum MVP

We had some good times at the KOA until the storm trooper security guard and the fascist sheriff started doing sweeps of the tents late night. 3 out of 4 nights over 2 years the sheriff harassed us with the blessing of the old man security. Luckily you haven’t had those issues but tea, Gr8tfulpair, goingbacktowhere and others remember those days. Tea and goingbacktowhere hid in our tent pretending to be asleep with us because they were searching people looking for ways to get us. They had no reason to enter our rented campsites but they walked through everyone’s with no regard for due process. Fuck the KOA. They will never see a penny from me. 

• Forum MVP

I know I'm not in, but what's a jubilee with a place to camp at the venue? As Patti Smith signs "come on to my land and let freedom ring, come, come. I hope everyone has the time of their life, the music will be tops, just fretting on what people are reporting on the after show respite 

So, I have a backyard in Asheville to sleep in, however, If anyone on the forums is renting a house in Blackmountain and wouldn't mind me pitching a tent in the backyard, send me a message-I'll donate some tent rent and perhaps one or two can vouch for me here. I'd just rather avoid driving back to Asheville.

Archived