Atlanta #2

Tea

• Forum MVP

Elective

Set One: Jack Straw ; West L.A. Fadeaway ; Cassidy ; Jack-A-Roe ; Blow Away ; When I Paint My Masterpiece > Big Railroad Blues ; It's All Over Now ; Keep Your Day Job  

Set Two: Feel Like A Stranger ; So Many Roads ; Corrina > Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower > drums > space > The Wheel > All Along The Watchtower > China Doll > (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 

Encore: Let It Rock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
5 minutes ago, John A said:

Until the encore, that's about as actual-Dead-show-like-late-style-elective that you'll find.  The only clear giveaway is the mix of the Brent tune with a couple post Brent era tunes.

Big RR Blues late first set seems out of place for Brent era. Does that resonate?

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

Big RR Blues late first set seems out of place for Brent era. Does that resonate?

Somewhat out of place for the latter Brent era but not the early or mid 80s.

And technically, yes, Blow Away debuted about 2 years after Day Job was retired.  But how many even fairly serious Deadheads are under the hood of such minutia? And if we're getting pedantic, Masterpiece didn't debut until a year after Day Job went away.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Not sure who all was in attendance, but Lisa singing on Jack Straw followed by a West LA (which debuts in 82 if I'm not mistaken), solidified this as an Original from the GetGo.  Sorry I don't mean to be one of "those guys" :)

We had Lisa on Jack Straw, Cassidy, All Over Now, Corrina, Help, Franklin's, The Wheel, China Doll, and Let It Rock (harmonica).  Barraco does a Jeapordy tuning before Jackaroe.  Tom Thumb included starting out on Prilosec, if I heard right, and definitely went back to Fulton County.  Set 2 opened up with Barraco and Jeff playing around with the "extra" section to Terrapin (what is that, At A Siding?).  But enough of the details, let's get to what's really important...

GREAT SHOW.  Perhaps not the spaciest or jammiest ever, but it had great high energy and was just plain FUN all night.  Definitely my favorite of the 2 Atlantas.  Jack had that awesome buildup and subsequent explosion.  Cassidy, Big RxR, and All Over Now were pretty ripping.  Stranger and Franklin's (although not together) were the highlights of a 2nd set that started hot and never cooled down.  Nothing was in there that was down in any way. And I loved the transition from Corrina > Help.  I'd like to hear that again, actually..

Had a great much needed weekend away.  Thank you DSO.  

See ya at the Jubilee.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1