2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Tea

• Forum MVP

The game between CBJ and Tampa is a wonderful start to the best playoffs of ANY professional sport.  So many changes in momentum, other worldly skill, and insane conditioning.  Staggering physical sacrifice.

All hail Lord Stanley!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
21 hours ago, Tea said:

The game between CBJ and Tampa is a wonderful start to the best playoffs of ANY professional sport.  So many changes in momentum, other worldly skill, and insane conditioning.  Staggering physical sacrifice.

All hail Lord Stanley!

Huge win for my Jackets,  but we know what happened against the Caps last year. Hoping for a different outcome this time

• Forum MVP

That CBJ goalie stood on his freaking head!  Was this guy a new goalie?  I've seen some CBJ games this season and he didn't play like that.   His lateral movement was fast and smooth in this series....

• Forum MVP

Poor Tampa Bay. A literal unprecedented season in modern NHL goes down the shitter 0-4. 50 wins is an amazing season that would likely make you the points leader in your conference. But 62?? It’s almost unfathomable to have that many wins. Even more unfathomable is to get smoked in 4 games. I read that all 4 of the espn hockey analysts picked Tampa to win it all and they got swept. 

• Forum MVP

I didn’t mean Columbus can’t go further. Just referring to the fact that they swept the team with the most wins in the history of the NHL and did it bigly. You don’t win 62 games and then get outscored 19-8. Preds vs Columbus in the finals and hopefully the magic turns into a curse. Preds are due!!  

• Forum MVP

I think the fact that the Jackets were playing meaningful games down the stretch and Tampa wasn't played in our favor. I also think we're built better for the playoffs this year. Hoping the layoff doesn't lead to rust as the Leaf's and B's duke it out 

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Tea said:

Double OT Clincher.  Great forechecking by the Canes!

68e93f243d28b732f739e291a2cd57c0_w200.gi

U and Gr8tfulpair got to watch that together didn’t u. Was thinking he was in town yesterday. 

• Forum MVP

Playoffs are just so damn compelling.  Amazing back-and-forth - crackle with energy!  Gonna be a doozie tonight I'll bet:

source.gif

• Forum MVP
49 minutes ago, acududeman said:

The Bruins'  Brad Marchand is a dirty rat of a player.....I hope he gets pummeled in the next game

Agreed - Dood is a straight-up Goon of the shittiest order.

• Forum MVP

If you just look at some of the final scores, you'd think a big chunk of these games aren't close.  Most of the ones I've watched have been very even - a few dinged posts and some empty-netters away from different results.

• Forum MVP

It appears that Boston has been spared the devastation of a Hurricane.  There's another one brewin off the Cape so you better batten 'em down Chowds, 

1858443c1c94ebde172c3f9e01f94647.gif

Archived