2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Tea

My B's are on fire.  Tuuuuuuuuukkkkkaaaaa!!!!!  And yes marchand is dirty.  But thats always the case with the Bruns.  We are at our best when we play dirty.  And I encourage it.  Hopefully a handshake game soon. Good night Canes!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
8 hours ago, newyawker said:

My B's are on fire.  Tuuuuuuuuukkkkkaaaaa!!!!!  And yes marchand is dirty.  But thats always the case with the Bruns.  We are at our best when we play dirty.  And I encourage it.  Hopefully a handshake game soon. Good night Canes!!!!

Rask is definitely the difference,  he was great against the Jackets and same this series. Bruins are definitely the favorite for the cup at this point

• Forum MVP

Rask was just too stout for the Canes to solve.  Without a split in Boston, Carolina has been downgraded from a Cat 3 to some passing sprinkles...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Band Member

Been watching this thread the whole spring.  Interesting takes here. Some of you all know your hockey.

These are two very evenly matched teams.  I think the top of the Bs lineup is stronger but my Blues are deeper. . On Defense we are bigger  but the Bs are also strong.  Tukka and Binnington are almost even.  Rask has the experience but NOTHING rattles Binnington.  Should be a great long series, but fate seems to be landing in STL right now.  Glad I am getting off tour and home in time for game 1.  

I was at the Who concert last night in St. Louis. The crowd started chanting "Let's Go Blues" when a Stanley Cup 2019 Playoffs Blues image appeared on the big screen. The female violinist with the orchestra that is playing with the Who was wearing a Blues jersey during the encore Baba O' Riley. She looked very proud wearing the Blue Note. Another "Let's Go Blues" chant started after the encore.

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, robbok3 said:

Been watching this thread the whole spring.  Interesting takes here. Some of you all know your hockey.

These are two very evenly matched teams.  I think the top of the Bs lineup is stronger but my Blues are deeper. . On Defense we are bigger  but the Bs are also strong.  Tukka and Binnington are almost even.  Rask has the experience but NOTHING rattles Binnington.  Should be a great long series, but fate seems to be landing in STL right now.  Glad I am getting off tour and home in time for game 1.  

Rob, I'm pulling for your Blues......if only to watch Marchand cry.

• Forum MVP

It’s hard to deny the story around the Blues with their season, coaching change, goalie play, and emergence throughout the playoffs.

Add to that a 50-year drought, and it is a great story.

But if anyone here has spent any time in or around Boston, they would agree that none of that is about to matter much to everyone associated with the B’s.

The Bruins are, far and away, the best and most complete team that the Blues will face.  If they are to win the Cup, they will most certainly have earned it.

Can’t wait!

• Forum MVP
On 5/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, DesertDead said:

It’s hard to deny the story around the Blues with their season, coaching change, goalie play, and emergence throughout the playoffs.

Add to that a 50-year drought, and it is a great story.

But if anyone here has spent any time in or around Boston, they would agree that none of that is about to matter much to everyone associated with the B’s.

The Bruins are, far and away, the best and most complete team that the Blues will face.  If they are to win the Cup, they will most certainly have earned it.

Can’t wait!

Great game last night,  Go Blues!

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, bs69 said:

Great game last night,  Go Blues!

Indeed.  After the 1st period, I was surprised that it might be a shootout!  Not so.  Both goalies were on it and their defenses played extremely well also.  The Blues just made one more play when it counted and should be pretty happy with a split. 

Hard not to think this thing going 6 or 7.....

• Band Member

I was lucky enough to be at both games 3 and 4.  IF we stay out of the box, we can totally beat this team in Boston and win the cup here at home.  Especially if Chara can't go and they are down two of their top 6 d-men

LGB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Tea and I were texting during that 3rd period and I was like do you even remember the last shot on goal Boston had?  After the game I looked it up and they had 4 total for the period and 2 were in the last few minutes. The bruins were frustrated and the crowd saw it and drained the rest of the energy they had and fed it to the blues skaters and it led to a completely dominating period. 

Gate crashers at the Blues watch party last night in downtown St. Louis. A few thousand ppl broke through the security checkpoint. Checkpoint was closed after 30,000 ppl showed up. 30,000 was the capacity for the watch party on Market Street. They're estimating 50,000 ppl came to the watch party. Craziness last night in the Lou! The streets around the event was trashed after the game ended. Never saw so many empty beer cans in my life. Unbelievable!!

ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Ozzy Osborne is cheering on the Blues. He tweeted a picture of the now infamous mugshot of him wearing a St. Louis Blues jersey. The tweet simply says, “Let’s Go Blues.”

Osbourne was arrested by Memphis police in May of 1984. He was charged with public intoxication. According to The Smoking Gun, Ozzy was “staggering drunk” when he was placed under arrest on Beale Street.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/ozzy-osbourne-tweets-his-st-louis-blues-mug-shot/63-a5ca6ad8-8160-4fa4-87bf-6f4bc0e158a9

• Forum MVP

So the GF and I were actually thinking about going up to see game 6 Sunday morning. I pop on stubhub just to get a feel for what the prices would be outside the arena and see the cheapest ticket at $1500 plus fees. I was hoping to get a couple $400 cheap seats just to see a potential championship. I think she was thinking of the cool instagram pics more than the finals atmosphere. Fortunately the economy is hot. Unfortunately the economy is too hot to find cheap seats. 

Archived