2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Tea

• Forum MVP

G-L-O-R-I-A!

Congrats Blues!  Hoist that mother 🔥🔥

1155551669.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

I love the background shot of St Louis fan in ecstasy and the Bruins kid givin it the thumbs down - LOL!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 5/24/2019 at 10:31 AM, robbok3 said:

Been watching this thread the whole spring.  Interesting takes here. Some of you all know your hockey.

These are two very evenly matched teams.  I think the top of the Bs lineup is stronger but my Blues are deeper. . On Defense we are bigger  but the Bs are also strong.  Tukka and Binnington are almost even.  Rask has the experience but NOTHING rattles Binnington.  Should be a great long series, but fate seems to be landing in STL right now.  Glad I am getting off tour and home in time for game 1.  

Rob, I'm pulling for your Blues

Yay......Marchand weeps!!

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Rude said:

With some St. Louis peeps at deer creek last night and were streaming the game. It was a Tossup. Game or show but staring at a phone is lame so I chose the least exciting path.....everyone else tells me the show was amazing. I thought it was a train wreck. It’s not like I only like dead or darkstar. I like JRAD and lots of other tributes. These guys just seem confused and unsure. Chances are being taken but it just doesn’t really work for me and if dsos PA sound was like deadcos, I’d be having a talk with cotter to get his shit together. For shit sakes when you have that PA, middle pavilion soundboard should be pristine. No excuse. Even if they played how they do but had the jubilee sound, I’m all over it. There’s a thread drift rant. 

On thar note decided to head to wrigley. I’m a sucker to peer pressure and saw like 20 friends walking around so the love vibe is there but the dance vibe ain’t. 

Haven't caught a Mayerful Dead show yet, and I don't plan to...….unless (maybe) if someone offers me a free ticket.

• Forum MVP

Eh - boys C'mon!   This is the Stanley Cup Final thread is here to celebrate a worthy champion of some amazing playoffs and being really happy for a fanbase and city.  Instead you gotta drag us all off into your Dead & Co hate zone.   Sports is supposed to be an escape and you're bringing me down maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

add7ce8c66a9be0da8671e39ef211f7a.jpg

I heard it was a little slow

Game 7's are always so fun to watch.  No dog is this fight but was obviously rooting for the underdogs.  Boston has won enough and so great that STL ended the drought.  

Imagine some folks may have seen the Phish last night as well:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5GJDDf36lw

• Forum MVP
On 6/13/2019 at 3:11 PM, Tea said:

Eh - boys C'mon!   This is the Stanley Cup Final thread is here to celebrate a worthy champion of some amazing playoffs and being really happy for a fanbase and city.  Instead you gotta drag us all off into your Dead & Co hate zone.   Sports is supposed to be an escape and you're bringing me down maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

add7ce8c66a9be0da8671e39ef211f7a.jpg

I heard it was a little slow

Insert game of thrones shame meme here. *hangs head and slinks away. But it wasn’t a complete out of nowhere thread drift b/c  I watched the game at a show so the 2 became intertwined. Didn’t realize Phish was in St. Louis that night too. 

2 hours ago, Rude said:

Insert game of thrones shame meme here. *hangs head and slinks away. But it wasn’t a complete out of nowhere thread drift b/c  I watched the game at a show so the 2 became intertwined. Didn’t realize Phish was in St. Louis that night too. 

Dude I’m not honestly sure if your post is directed at me, but you did mention something about the phish link, so maybe it is?... because I linked phish. Either way I don’t hate dead and co, in fact John Mayer crushed last night on ‘to lay me down’. He played steel guitar and Bobby did vocals (thank god they didn’t let John Mayer sing that song). 

Either way I just want you to be rest assured there’s no malice or hate here for any band making real music, I just thought it was awful cool Phish played Gloria in st Louis on the night they got the Stanley. Also, if you’re a stones fan, that loving cup is pretty sweet too.

12 minutes ago, Poor_Sue said:

Dude I’m not honestly sure if your post is directed at me, but you did mention something about the phish link, so maybe it is?... because I linked phish. Either way I don’t hate dead and co, in fact John Mayer crushed last night on ‘to lay me down’. He played steel guitar and Bobby did vocals (thank god they didn’t let John Mayer sing that song). 

Either way I just want you to be rest assured there’s no malice or hate here for any band making real music, I just thought it was awful cool Phish played Gloria in st Louis on the night they got the Stanley. Also, if you’re a stones fan, that loving cup is pretty sweet too.

Also, you do realize you linked a Joel Osteen quote? And also you’re trying to barrage a music fan in the name of ‘sports escape’. You’re mentality is quite confusing to me right now. 

^ also, ‘Rude’. The Joel osteen quote you linked is directly referring to your namesake on this board. It’s actually not a bad quote, but Joel Osteen is a scummy evangelist.

you should send him this quote:

”Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.”

John Lennon was probably correct In his uncertainty about longevity, but rock and roll shouldn’t die anytime too soon. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Poor_Sue said:

You’re mentality is quite confusing to me right now. 

Well welcome to the club Poor Sue. You can join us over here on the Group W bench and we'll toss around some theories. 😂

Rude, meet Poor Sue. Seems she's gotten to know you. 

Archived