Asheville

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

Rosemont Horizon 

Shakedown Street, Little Red Rooster, Friend Of The Devil, Victim Or The Crime, Built To Last, We Can Run But We Can't Hide, Memphis Blues, Deal

Samson & Delilah, Crazy Fingers, Playin' In The Band-> Terrapin Station-> Drums-> Jam-> Gimme Some Lovin'-> Standing On the Moon, Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away,

E: U.S. Blues

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I knew it was a late eighties show when the rhythm slide guitar on LRR was better than the early eighties show slide work 5 years ago at the Peel. Ha! Just kidding!!! The Brent rap gave it away. 

The show last night was choice. Shakedown was big and jammed out. The guy behind us started laughing at the heights the music took us in LRR. It  didn’t stop there! . There was good deal that went down. No April fooling there. 😜 

Victim or the Crime lyrics are so existential, aren’t they? The dilemma over self versus other is such a western concept. I learned there is no “sorry” in Hawaiian culture - it’s “I release” and a return to love, to aloha, to being in pono, or harmony. No judgement. Ha!  We have yet to hula- storytell -!about  something man builds,; Hula is always telling the story of spirit. ( I have been studying this for 4 years now, if you don’t know) 

We Can Run/- it was a song along in Asheville. I sang too. It built from there.  We clapped and chanted NFA with the bop, bop- bop bop bop. It died down and then a couple of minutes passed and it started back up! What love!

Asheville really had a ball last night. There were beautiful couples dancing, families of friends and the whole place really cut a rug. I saw so many familiar beautiful faces last night. A joy of a day!

echo effect on Throwing Stones even! So impressive!! Praise DSO!!!  Songs of the night for me? Shakedown, Memphis Blues, Playing, Terrapin 🎉and 💕Gimme Some Lovin’ 💕

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

That Hawaiian attitude is very me centric and sounds selfish. I release. Sounds like a recognition of wrong but doesn’t feel like there is any importantce to those you’ve done wrong too. I understand self forgiveness but there is wrong in this word and sometimes I have felt sorry. I release and self forgiveness helped but seeking forgiveness and understanding my impact on the other was important. I think both concepts contain the potential for self judgment. Why would I release if I haven’t self judged?  However forgiveness rooted in the Christian concept of sin seems to better account for the importance of others over the self. Maybe you’d like to explain it further. Hawaiian culture sounds great but Tua at Alabama was pretty much abused by his father. It worked but Hawaiians don’t come off as all rainbows and glitter. Just human like the rest of us. We all have fancy philosophies but at the end of the day we all put pants on the same. One leg at a time. 

I am truly interested by the way. I have not studied nor do I know if I fully understand what I release means. I do know I believe their is wrong. I have felt sorry and forgiveness like the lyrics say is the key to every door. 

• Forum MVP

Man....  bout goddamn time! Been gone too long. Because this show made me remember (again) that DSO is all I really care about, we are going to Charlotte tonight. Hehehehe.

when we showed up we instantly ran into all of our friends and I had to go grab jesses 5th string mechanism bc bro had a string for his broken one.... when I got back w the peg, they had gotten him playin FOTD and it was lovely to jam dead w our friends and Jesse not bitch about it. His foot is better. I left him to take instruments to the car after our anniversary beer in the bushes and went inside bout 7:30. Had friends from our first tour together sitting up front so I went and hung out and made friends waiting for show to start. The guy of that couple called shakedown during tuning and we high fived when it started. The simple things. Jeff saw me and sang the “not because you missed out.....” and the “maybe you had too much too fast” right at me and I swooned. By rooster my ladies showed up beside me up front and it felt like how it’s always been.... me n the girls and a random old dude that felt free to dance bc we were dancing so hard so by FOTD I pulled a red n blue FOTD patch I just made out n gave it to said ol guy and he loved it and we all kept dancing. So lovely! 

Victim made me so happy bc they always do it so damn well and at set break when I went to pee I found two hippie dreads Asheville girls discussing the songs merits and we all hugged and hollered bout how awesome DSO does this one. Built to last and sotm were some of the first dead songs I ever learned on my mando (after the wheel!) so when I got the built I knew we would be sotm by second set. Still have my knack for knowing the set break song, and I danced w my lady friends on the rail til deal. Fucking awesome!

found my husband outside smoking at set break and he came back w me and we danced around the room together all night. What a killer second set! Samson crazy playin..... couldnt find my pitb patch to give away bc music had us so hard so I just danced along. Jesses buddy that made him play FOTD came up and teased him through the first half bf drums space about marrying a deadhead bc he heard me play, then saw me dance, and realized how funny it is for us to be together, as we are so differently oriented in out traveling tribes. But we still all do it all bc that’s terrapin. However it is that you get there. 

Only song I been wanting all week was gimme some lovin and when they went there I lost my shit in excitement. Gave a sotm patch to a sweet lady w her ol man near the sound board and they thanked me profusely after show.... getting a patch of that song during the song is apparently a good thing for some folks. Fun times. that sotm almost made me cry but i was brave. Always thought about it like I’d rather be w DSO and my tour fam but this time i sang and danced it to my husband and it feels good to have a love like this. Fucking A.

i still play bros n sis a lot and I was stoked to get that filler. This was an amazing show and because we need more and made the proper arrangements, looks like we are on the way for tonight!

kiss kiss, see y’all in a few hours!

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

That Hawaiian attitude is very me centric and sounds selfish. I release. Sounds like a recognition of wrong but doesn’t feel like there is any importantce to those you’ve done wrong too. I understand self forgiveness but there is wrong in this word and sometimes I have felt sorry. I release and self forgiveness helped but seeking forgiveness and understanding my impact on the other was important. I think both concepts contain the potential for self judgment. Why would I release if I haven’t self judged?  However forgiveness rooted in the Christian concept of sin seems to better account for the importance of others over the self. Maybe you’d like to explain it further. Hawaiian culture sounds great but Tua at Alabama was pretty much abused by his father. It worked but Hawaiians don’t come off as all rainbows and glitter. Just human like the rest of us. We all have fancy philosophies but at the end of the day we all put pants on the same. One leg at a time. 

I am truly interested by the way. I have not studied nor do I know if I fully understand what I release means. I do know I believe their is wrong. I have felt sorry and forgiveness like the lyrics say is the key to every door. 

When you wear a skirt, it all just fits and there’s no legs or order to it. Just on and off. Hawaiins gave their land away bc they realized they wouldn’t get smited by their gods for men and women eating together, and that white mens Christian stuff was actually more logical.... which is fucked and sadly hilarious. But self forgiveness? Who is there to judge? Where do my intentions and actions begin and end in an interconnected world where we all influence each other and our collective sociality in such direct ways? So.... I forgive. But who I am forgiving and even the act of forgiving don’t seem to exist in a “self” way bc it’s all a part of the rest of it. 

Love u, kid (i was self stuck in Hawaii, for a while, remember? Lol don’t get island fever, dear!) and I dunno, shit, release is cool when it’s all like, creation and shit. Creation comes from release. One of the defects of the pot is having an already full pot. Diff than the crack in the pot or having a hole in it or it being poisoned....  if your cup is full, may it be again (bc you spun that shit w your homies on the corner or dancing in the back, and now it’s gotta get full so we can spin it again!) but sometimes that means that it’s actually all stupidly and painfully perfect all the time. You who choose.

bwahahaha kiss kiss 

• Forum MVP

There is  a reconciliation  of parties to bring back harmony. However, there is no concept of original sin. You are born a bowl of light and may pick up stones that diminish that light. Once recognized the  stones can be removed; just turn over the bowl. The release is of the stone. 

Release the ill feelings, the patterns etc and come back into a state of love. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I’m just grateful

5 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

Oh and victim or the crime is about one person. So there is a lack therein and thereof. It isn’t between people. It’s that internal dialogue Hegel speaks of- the corkscrew evolution of self and what isn’t self. Existential philosophy. 

I’m just grateful so many have found Kratom and other means of dealing w the sickness of guilt. It is a sad thing for someone to self identify to the point of taking it all on the shoulders..... we don’t carry anything alone cause there ain’t shit to carry or anyone to carry it anyway. 

Shit, lady, was so awesome seeing you last night! And thanks for reminding me that Lisa Cat needs a patch also....... oh, so many roads. 

I miss you guys a lot. I hope this baby mama drama BS wraps up soon so we can get back truckin on. what a killer show.

my blood brother still calls me sometimes when he hears Stella on the dead Sirius channel and I’m stoked we gonna actually go over and see him so we can have our first show together at DSO. And my brother can meet my husband. And we can all dance. He woulda taken me to my first show if he hadn’t gotten scared straight in college bc my oldest brother was taking him on tour since he was a lil un. But..... so many roads. Same source. Blessed gratefulness. 

When I went to my first show at the variety, they played Roses and I told my brother that I “got it” in a psychasilly text afterwards and he told me they played that song at his first show, too, and I am really excited to know that DSO never left any of us behind. Must’ve been.......... I dunno. 

Kiss kiss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Well, since no good deed goes unpunished, no more shows for us til we get back home. Hoping for Boston. 

Walking along on the mission in the rain...... and it’s not the good rain that brings life, it’s she shitty kind that’s made from tears of rage. Sigh. Guess we ain’t free yet......... 

kiss kiss, dance for me and I will see y’all another time!