Wilmington

Tea

• Forum MVP

What a gorgeous venue! Marshes with old Cypress and calm water surround the park. Giant pines encircle the ampitheater. Slow start to the show, but it got cookin and carried on into the second set with a killer Scarlet>Fire and jaw dropping black Peter. Weather was just exactly perfect. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
The Sam Boyd Silver Bowl, Las Vegas, NV (4/27/91)

Touch of Grey
Walkin' Blues
Friend of the Devil
Mexicali Blues
Maggie's Farm
Loose Lucy
Cassidy
Might as Well

Sugar Magnolia
Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Playin' in the Band
Uncle John's Band
drums
space
I Need a Miracle
Black Peter
One More Saturday Night

The Weight

4 hours ago, Rude said:

The Sam Boyd Silver Bowl, Las Vegas, NV (4/27/91)

Touch of Grey
Walkin' Blues
Friend of the Devil
Mexicali Blues
Maggie's Farm
Loose Lucy
Cassidy
Might as Well

Sugar Magnolia
Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Playin' in the Band
Uncle John's Band
drums
space
I Need a Miracle
Black Peter
One More Saturday Night

The Weight

I've always enjoyed it when they do sugar mags scarlet, i think buffalo 90 is my favorite

• Forum MVP

That 2nd set would have tested the limits of what my mind wanted to do vs what my body could do. My mind always wins and my body pays the price. That venue is cool as shit though. Perfect place for a community venue as the land is pretty much worthless by the swamp so it puts it to good use. Great vibe at that place. it’s pretty much volunteer staff and that generally creates a welcoming vibe vs the staff that looks at everyone as a possible perp and are pissed off b/c they make $9 an hour. Working for a few hours for free and then getting to watch the show makes for happier peeps. In I think Petaluma the chick keeping peeps out of the vip balcony worked until 15 minutes after the show started and then opened it up to all as she pulled out her vape and said her volunteer shift was up and now she could enjoy the show. I long for California again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Sugar Mags/Scarlet/fire is one of my favorites. Did they finish Sugar mags or did the Sunshine Daydream part show up later in the show? Or not at all? 

The GD did SSDD to close the second set the next night.

https://archive.org/details/gd91-04-28.sbd.vernon.6112.sbeok.shnf

You’ll also like the encore, Greg.  😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Oh man, my phone is outta mins and I know my brother was the one calling n texting all night though I can’t see the number bc he had to have had such a great time at this one, even though I didn’t show up to go w him 2nd year in a row :(

i still have built to last from Asheville show stuck in my head. It’s still getting me thru the days between. times when I can help u out, other times you must fall.....thanks for showing me that no matter how many times I trip across the dance floor we never actually fall bc we are all spinning together. I dreamed of dancing in the front row all night last night and didn’t want to wake up. 

Glad all the friends still come around...... but I gotta go run and see about some shit now.........

i love yall more more than words can tell, kiss kiss (hoping for Boston!)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Missing this whole tour besides a 1 off Nashville show was rough. Had to help the gf with her masters thesis and today got the news that she passed. Omg my stress is over. Did not like missing a whole southern tour like this but it feels like I just graduated too. Yes I’m pretty much spamming and screaming it from the tree tops but school is over for this household. The nonstop stress over the worst thing ever, school, is over. Team America fuck yeah!! My living room is littered with fucking national institute of health research studies and so much other shit that’s going in the trash today.  I’ll never set foot in bowling green again unless dso plays there. Typing this is making it real to me. I literally asked if I was dreaming this morning as we’d been watching the OA last night as well as inception. I couldn’t be sure if I was or not. Literally slapped myself lol. The nightmare is over. No more tuition payments!! Lol. 

• Like (+1) 2
57 minutes ago, Rude said:

Missing this whole tour besides a 1 off Nashville show was rough. Had to help the gf with her masters thesis and today got the news that she passed. Omg my stress is over. Did not like missing a whole southern tour like this but it feels like I just graduated too. Yes I’m pretty much spamming and screaming it from the tree tops but school is over for this household. The nonstop stress over the worst thing ever, school, is over. Team America fuck yeah!! My living room is littered with fucking national institute of health research studies and so much other shit that’s going in the trash today.  I’ll never set foot in bowling green again unless dso plays there. Typing this is making it real to me. I literally asked if I was dreaming this morning as we’d been watching the OA last night as well as inception. I couldn’t be sure if I was or not. Literally slapped myself lol. The nightmare is over. No more tuition payments!! Lol. 

Congrats to her (with your support) finishing. I finished my MS degree in 2014. It was a grind, and it grinded me along side the full time job, family, etc. I'm happy to celebrate anyone who finishes such things. Congrats!

• Like (+1) 2