Delusional cooperation

Guest OSfllwr

Guest OSfllwr

The things in Iraq took yet another wrong turn when Bush forced Maliki to meet him in Jordan. The meeting did not help Republicans in the elections, but broke the Iraqi coalition. The faction of Shiite cleric al-Sadr walked out of the government coalition, as promised, because of the meeting.

No one in Iraq has a slightest doubt that Maliki is an American quisling. That

• Forum MVP

I probably was more disparaging that I really meant to be, and I do think it is a well-reasoned political analysis. And if the author is indeed from Israel, he no doubt feels a more direct, day-to-day connection to the events of the Middle East than most Americans do unless one has a family member or loved one stationed in Iraq, Afghanistan, or one of our Persian Gulf bases.

The post does kind of put the tempest-in-a-teakettle Miss USA and Miss Nevada dustups in perspective...Herdy - didn't you pay attention in civics class?

TR - thanks again for the good work and attention to detail you show in maintaining all of this for us! :P

....negotiators would have to sit hours and days drinking super-sweet Iranian tea, chain-smoking on par with their opponents and talking, talking, and talking.

Yeah, I remember that show now! The "tea" was amazing and in those daze, I did chain smoke (while drinking the "tea" anyway). The talking drove me crazy though, especially during Stella Blue. We always started laughing whenever we tried to talk so we found that telethapy was more efficient.

As far as the negotiating, we've been going about this all wrong, I agree. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Just caught up to this post. Must have been wrapping Christmas presents and overlooked the curious rave, but I think I figured it out.

"...attention to rituals look silly to rational Americans, it probably is."

If our rituals don't look silly to us, that makes us......irrational Americans.

For reasons you probably don't fathom, you've found a home here, brother.

Archived