Dark Star Jubilee 2019

LangeradoSoul

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

You folks are in for an exceptional midnight show with Billy on Saturday......

Billy Strings is probably the hottest show on the festival scene this spring. I'm looking forward to hearing him. Looks like Saturday is going to be a long day lasting way into Sunday morning. Usually when there is a bluegrass favored jamband after midnight the crowd is much thinner and there is better dance space for the likes of the late night hard core. I expect to see Chicago Mike there but its too late for Rudd.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 5/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, Rude said:

Get plastic whiskey bottles. You may have to downgrade a tad to ancient age 90 which is a perfectly acceptable jubilee whiskey and imo the best whiskey for the money. Can beer used to be an issue but now there are tons of good beers in cans. Nitrous tanks will get you banned for life. Eaton will come find you and brand your wrists so you will never be able to get a wristband again. 

Oh and looks like we are on track for the perfect weather we had year 3 after rain then arctic cold. 75 highs and 55 lows seem to be forecast and tracking nicely. Just hope no more 65 temps at night like last year. That makes for miserable attempted sleep. 50 is prob the ideal night temp but 55 will work.  We’d flip on the A/C in the car during set break and invite friends in to cool off. Felt a tad guilty starting the car but it was hot as balls last year when you aren’t ready for mid 80s yet. Having your car near you in VIP has lots of benefits. When it pours, hop in the car and jam dark side of the moon post Dso. Even if it’s not raining that’s a fun post show event. I used to be a purist now a heated seat leaned back with some tunes jamming is a nice civilization break. 

I jinxed it. Now looks like 80s and mid 60s for lows. Pro tip:  In vip take a shower at night. Besides the fact that post party showers are orgasmic, if it’s hot at night you won’t have all that stickiness on your legs that is super annoying when trying to sleep. Unfortunately there aren’t the large lockable showers for 2 like they had at Pocahontas. Jubilee showers discriminate by sex. But then again if there were big unisex showers they could get pretty nasty. Don’t touch that. It’s not shower gel!!

2 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I think Rude needs to surprise with his presence. 

Ill join him. 

I do late night most nights at least for 30 minutes or so. 

12 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

Pere Callahan's drink of choice (nerd bonus points if you know the reference)

Couple of years ago I read every book tangentially connected to and part of the Dark Tower series. Took about a year. It was helpful because some of them I hadn’t read in 20 years or at the time didn’t understand the connection.

26 minutes ago, LangeradoSoul said:

Couple of years ago I read every book tangentially connected to and part of the Dark Tower series. Took about a year. It was helpful because some of them I hadn’t read in 20 years or at the time didn’t understand the connection.

The greatest tale ever written 🙂

• Forum MVP

last year brought a nice carpet section for our camp. Unfortunately we were in the funnel during that flash flood and the rug started floating from water coming underneath it. It weighed 200 pounds after and could never get it dry rest of weekend. We had to just roll it up and set it with our trash bags :( . Having plush carpet at camp was so nice to lay on...until it got wet then was worse than no carpet. 

Its gonna be hot as balls this weekend. Bringing an ice cooler to cool water to dump on heads and for ice bags to cool down. Nothing scarier than overheating with no place to cool down. Dancing with it in the mid 80s is scary. 

• Forum MVP
9 minutes ago, Rude said:

Its gonna be hot as balls this weekend. Bringing an ice cooler to cool water to dump on heads and for ice bags to cool down. Nothing scarier than overheating with no place to cool down. Dancing with it in the mid 80s is scary. 

Yeah - be safe out there.  Other then trying to find a way to rig a mobile bag of saline, a couple cooler-showers during the day and then a proper one right after the show may be all that you need to successfully burn the candle at both ends.

• Forum MVP

I can deal with just about all of it despite being a delicate flower - BUT -  Getting green-housed out the tent at 645a is my ultimate kryptonite.  RV livin is lookin pretty sweet :)

Whatever happens, there will be a sh*t-eating grin on the remaining portion of your face that the music didn't melt off.

• Forum MVP

https://www.zerobreeze.com/products/zero-breeze-portable-air-conditioner

actual a/c with lithium battery. Made for tents or cars. 4-5 hour battery life and only $1200!!!  Get one of those big tailgate plug in battery things and you can get it to like 8 hours. Wake at 5am and set it to run and sleep til 11am. Since you won’t be able to charge it at jubilee I suggest buying 4-5 extra batteries or just additional a/c’s. And you can also buy one of those big party tents and close it up you can have a/c dance parties as there’s nothing people like more than dancing at 3am at jubilee.

• Forum MVP

I gots da jubilee fever. I ordered more lights. You can thank PG for my new light fetish after jazz fest 2018. They made me see the light literally. Now I’ll hsve strobes and tube lighting and Chinese lanterns and more. Just look for the lights flashing in vip for the pajama party. The only issue is the high male to female ratio. It would turn out to be a literal sausage party with all the guys wearing their banana hammocks as those are back in style now. 2019 i hear is bringing back disco styling including male thongs. I still can’t get the memory of my dad wearing this leopard thong type underwear when I was 8. You can’t forget something like that. And I’m planning to make sure this jubilee is unforgettable for everyone too. #leopardthong #hotdoghammock. 

Getting excited, gonna pick my brother up this afternoon, go grocery shopping and get the truck packed. Leaving around 6:30 tomorrow morning. Got an RV pass, hopefully will be able to get a spot on the fence like last year. 

If you see me and I am spaced out, it's cause I won't know what to do or how to function outside my office after this long semester. I'm uncharacteristically driving up to the area tomorrow so I can show up to the VIP line earlier than I usually do. Any tips or tricks on getting best VIP space (like avoiding bright lights etc) would be much appreciated. Have a safe journey y'all

Me, my Miata, a tent and chair

c u there in the sun and the  rain 

it’s not a poem , just a fact .

and tequila . 

1st jubilee 

setting myself on chill mode 

and ice 

iwith a lime or 2 and a knife

some food too 

don’t want to over pack 

I love the sound of that first cord played 

• Forum MVP
18 minutes ago, flairblair said:

Finally on the road!! Hittin the liquor store then the highway. See you in Ohio by 7 PM. Wheres everyone staying Thursday night?

Be safe buddy - be safe everyone.  Ohio troopers are more Storm than State Highway......

Archived