The Space At Westbury

Tea

• Forum MVP
First Set Custom Elective: Sitting On Top Of The World ; Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ; Mama Tried ; *Dupree's Diamond Blues ; *Mountains Of The Moon ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Death Don't Have No Mercy > Alligator 

Set Two (5/10/69): Hard To Handle ; Me And My Uncle ; Morning Dew ; Doin' That Rag ; Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Love Light 

Encore: Viola Lee Blues

* = Jeff On acoustic guitar. 50th Anniversary show!

That’ll work 🤯
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Never thought I would ever say this, but as good as this Morning Dew was, it was not the highlight of the night. What an amazing hardcore night of early GD music with it all being played loud and with incredible energy. A big thanks to all....

• Forum MVP

Oh - you all just got pumped up with ☀️!! Smorgasbord of warmth and goodness radiating all around. Dang- I like that. I want to swim in those waters. 

Yesterday was such a grate day! I went to the local record store, BJ Music. With purchase, you get a free bumper sticker, “I love BJ’s”. I found and got for free(!) the Jefferson Airplane album “Volunteers” along with my purchase of first Allman Bros Album live, Alice’s Restaurant and a Duane Allman; Thirteenth Elevators re- release came too! I love album art! Check it- 

i guess it it was an old skool kind of day. 😉

005A20D9-1FFE-4DDB-AC58-FBDD35740B06.jpeg

63948002-7BB8-4172-91D3-5C4400918A34.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I'm always so happy for people when they get their first 69er. Having seen 10-20 i prefer not to catch one more than twice a year. For this era set and setting are so important....it's gotta be a safe and appropriate place to freak out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

LOL on facebook someone said if DSO keeps doing shows like that they wont have any fans left and another said they had seen 300 dead type shows and this was the worst one they ever saw.  Maybe its all those "original" dso songs they did last night. Its weird that you only get those kind of posts from 1 area of the country..........one of the only places where people will attack what they love.  Get 3 hits then strike out and you are a bum.  At least the bleachers didnt throw beer or batteries at the band.....The gf saw that setlist and drooled and even though she is the least combative person I know, wanted to post something like so sorry they didnt play touch of grey or something sarcastic.  Its one reason why I left facebook.  Id for sure have got into an online fight with those fools.  The gf had never listened to almost any 69 stuff when she saw her 1st dso 69 and I figured she'd have a tough time with it, but instead she loved it and the eleven became her current fav dance song. I get that 69 may not be someones favorite dead but to post those posts is just being an asshole.

And there I go being being a hypocrite and making a snide remark about the northeast after saying how people should keep negative comments to themselves, but then again Im not a northeast-head and follow the northeast around the country and when the northeast has 1 day of weather I dont like, I bash it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike (-1) 1
  • Forum MVP

A buddy of mine (not especially a head) has been to 2 shows with me. The 69 at HOB in Cleveland a couple years ago, and the 69 in Louisville last time they came thru. I told him he is probably the only person in the world, who has seen multiple DSO shows, that has seen Big Boy Pete at 100% of his shows. 😆😂😆 

I told him there are probably people who have seen over a hundred shows and never got ONE of those. Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 5/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Dead duck said:

A buddy of mine (not especially a head) has been to 2 shows with me. The 69 at HOB in Cleveland a couple years ago, and the 69 in Louisville last time they came thru. I told him he is probably the only person in the world, who has seen multiple DSO shows, that has seen Big Boy Pete at 100% of his shows. 😆😂😆 

I told him there are probably people who have seen over a hundred shows and never got ONE of those. Lol

My buddy Sam, who’s a big boy himself, started quoting big boy Pete lyrics after that show lol. He was like i got a .45 to keep me alive; seven bullets on my side. I’m like what is that from. He’s like big boy Pete. He had no clue that is an ultra rare song. As far as he knew the dead played it a lot and wanted to learn the lyrics. 

• Like (+1) 2