Penns peak

Tom Banjo

So much fun! Good amount of dance space and the band was on fire! 

5/11/79 with Lisa because of keyboard issues. So glad she could join this one, would love her to sing in all shows no matter what set list! 

Set 1
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo ->
Franklin's Tower 
Mama Tried ->
Mexicali Blues 
Peggy-O 
It's All Over Now 
Brown Eyed Women 
Lazy Lightnin' ->
Supplication 
Set 2
Shakedown Street 
Passenger 
Ship Of Fools 
Estimated Prophet ->
Eyes Of The World ->
Jam ->
Drums ->
Space ->
Black Peter ->
I Need A Miracle ->
Bertha ->
Good Lovin'

Encore Ripple

• Like (+1) 2

After Brown Eyed , I said to the women next to me “that was great!”..her reply ... “no, that was FUCKING great” 

and it really was! 

Penns peak is a great venue with a great pre show outdoor scene and zero hassle . The wood floors and beamed ceiling treat my knees and the sound perfectly.  Been to a lot of shows in many places in 3 years. It’s a must go show 

just another great DSO experience with people dancing , living and singing

thank you band and crew! 

I guess i’m in for Ohio drive and tenting 

• Like (+1) 5
14 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

so, I researched the original show out of my usual curiosity. The original didn’t have an encore that night. The ripple encore is actually the filler, I guess. I wasn’t there, last night or the original show. 

Hey Greg,

Quite possible they added it as we (the show) back in November was cut short to some fan drama.

--Dennis

Another Flawless Victory for DSO at the Peak!  The joint was jumpin from the first note of Mississippi Half Step and the band kept up the energy all night.  The near sellout crowd (place was packed) was especially engaged.   Highlights for me was a Franklin's Tower sans Help>Slip, don't get that very often.  The Shakedown (2nd set opener) was a tasty precursor to a groovy charging second set.  I thought the drums>space was really good.  Straight to the point, I usually take a bathroom break during space but no need this show, was full of energy.  Black Peter out of Drums was a surprise then rippers of I need a Miracle>Bertha>Good Lovin' had everyone dancing.  Then they rocked us back down to earth with a smooth Ripple to send the crowd home satisfied.  Was fun to meet some new people and glad to see there were no shenanigans like that last show there.  Grate job by the band, crew, & crowd.  Can't wait until the next installment.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

With the organ on stage and Lisa i assumed from the get-go that it was an elective.

I've been Peaking since 05 and just last visit discovered the balcony. Don't wanna talk about it too much, give others ideas...but it is the killer dance zone.

Did anyone else think that the shakedown was crazy good? Wowzers

1 hour ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Another Flawless Victory for DSO at the Peak!  The joint was jumpin from the first note of Mississippi Half Step and the band kept up the energy all night.  The near sellout crowd (place was packed) was especially engaged.   Highlights for me was a Franklin's Tower sans Help>Slip, don't get that very often. 

This final statement led me to some research...111 help on the ways and 223 franklins....so not rare at all, more common in fact.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Dino sure picked a winner with that one, he's doing a great job with the lists. Always love hearing Ship Of Fools, one of the most underrated, underplayed songs in the repertoire. Moved upstairs with Mango for the 2nd set. A lot more room, and really didn't give up anything sound wise.  Thought of HB during the Peter, wish he could have been there. The 3 hour ride home was treacherous in that monsoon. High energy show from start to finish. A+.    

• Like (+1) 2
On 5/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, August West said:

Dino sure picked a winner with that one, he's doing a great job with the lists. Always love hearing Ship Of Fools, one of the most underrated, underplayed songs in the repertoire. Moved upstairs with Mango for the 2nd set. A lot more room, and really didn't give up anything sound wise.  Thought of HB during the Peter, wish he could have been there. The 3 hour ride home was treacherous in that monsoon. High energy show from start to finish. A+.    

Left or right from the stage? Left for me and I was loving everyone around me. Maybe one was you :)

• Forum MVP
On 5/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, searchlight_casting said:

Left or right from the stage? Left for me and I was loving everyone around me. Maybe one was you :)

We were stage right, audience left.

This show is still the best of the three that I've seen this run but i have a feeling that something from Jubilee will take it's place.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, Mango said:

This show is still the best of the three that I've seen this run but i have a feeling that something from Jubilee will take it's place.

Right in front of the bathrooms! :)

On 5/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, Mango said:

One guy was such a great dancer I had to give him a hug after the show. You?

• Forum MVP

I don't know! There were hugs given. I'm tallish and skinny with darkish longish hair. It was epic up there 

3 hours ago, searchlight_casting said:

Right in front of the bathrooms! :)

One guy was such a great dancer I had to give him a hug after the show. You?

• Forum MVP

Everyone is a great and different dancer which creates the magic. Everyone expresses themselves differently which really represents the dead music itself. The improvisational jazz dancing with its ebb and flow has a chaotic beauty with its own pulse and once in a while you achieve group nirvana and split the atom. 

• Like (+1) 3