10. Scarlet Begonias

Set 2

1. Not Fade Away>
  2. China Cat Sunflower>
  3. I Know You Rider>
  4. Not Fade Away
  5. Greatest Story Ever Told
  6. Dark Star>
  7. The Stranger (Two Souls in Communion)
  8. One More Saturday Night

Encore

1. Midnight Moonlight

I missed the first sound or two. Someone mentioned they opened with Here Comes Sunshine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Here comes Sunshine opener. Dark Star had a other one jam in there. Another great night by Dark Star Orchestra, familiar smiling faces, good time all night. I really appreciated the midnight, moonlight. I forgot all about that one. The band seemed to stretch it out a bit. Got caught up in the music, some of the tunes had me flashing back well over thirty years. Totally way lot of fun. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Were you able to metro back out of town after the show? I looked into it, driving to New Carrollton and catching a train into DC but I was worried that the last train out wasn’t late enough. Not into leaving a show early just to catch a train. 

I did make the train home okay. The show ended about 11:20pm.....Metro Center is only an 8-minute walk from the Hamilton.

I did have to take the Orange line to E. Falls Church in order to connect to the Silver line to Tysons.

Just be sure to be walking out of the venue by 11:30 tonight...…..given the 8pm showtime, shouldn't be a problem.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This venue was pretty cool, kind of unusual at first to see DSO in a room where people are sitting down and eating dinner, but it turned out to be a good place to see them, excellent sound. I preferred night one to night two, really enjoyed the second set sequence, and the segue into China cat from NFA was perfect and unexpected. Love the early style China Rider transitions where Eaton takes the lead, which is what he did here, followed by the 1974 style jam (forget what that's called) before settling into a high energy Rider. Dark Star was excellent, and the peak of Two Souls was the highlight of the night for me. Eaton sang "that's why he tweets the blues" during Saturday Night, haha. 

I got my recordings of these shows up on the archive. For some reason, the track names came out screwy, using the file names instead of the track names, but they are in order. Going to try to figure out what went wrong and try to fix it, but in the meantime: https://archive.org/details/dso2019-05-13.cp4

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Thanks for recording, much appreciated. I thoroughly enjoyed myself catching the first night. Had a blast. The band really made two souls shine. I couldn’t understand why Lisa didn’t come out and sing along on I know you rider. I found that odd. The night went by so fast, Shame when you’re having fun. Always fun to hear Saturday night when it’s not Saturday night. They rocked it pretty good. I’m worried about the guy who had the unfortunate incident out front of the venue after the show. I hope he’s ok. 

• Like (+1) 1
21 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Thanks for recording, much appreciated. I thoroughly enjoyed myself catching the first night. Had a blast. The band really made two souls shine. I couldn’t understand why Lisa didn’t come out and sing along on I know you rider. I found that odd. The night went by so fast, Shame when you’re having fun. Always fun to hear Saturday night when it’s not Saturday night. They rocked it pretty good. I’m worried about the guy who had the unfortunate incident out front of the venue after the show. I hope he’s ok. 

Skip was singing the high part on Rider, I think maybe to keep it sort of era specific even though it was an elective. That guy who took a spill was ok, he shook it off and was walking around when I left. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, Hardpan said:

Love the early style China Rider transitions where Eaton takes the lead, which is what he did here, followed by the 1974 style jam (forget what that's called) before settling into a high energy Rider.

Feelin Groovy jam.  Great essay by someone who knows a lot!  http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2010/01/deads-early-thematic-jams.html