More summer Northeast dates

Hardpan

Just got an email from bandsintown announcing some more summer dates:

8/1 Stony Creek Brewery, Branford, CT 

8/6 Ridgefield Playhouse (acoustic) Ridgefield, CT

8/8 Bergen Performing Arts Center Englewood, NJ

Grabbed a fan club ticket for Stony Creek, they're available now.

I was planning on getting a ticket for the Stone Pony show in Asbury Park on the 10th, but then they announced the Bergen PAC show on the 8th, and I only can swing one show due to money being kinda tight for me of late. The Stone Pony has gotten rave reviews, and part of me would much prefer being outside in August, enjoying the beach vibe before and after the show, so I am leaning toward going there. Never been to the Pony, not even the bar itself, which is shameful, because I have lived in Jersey for almost 30 years!:blink: My experience with Bergen PAC is that the sound is kinda muddy, and it's a very small, tight theater, which is not very conducive to dancing. I remember the DSO show I saw there back in July of 2011 when they recreated the Englishtown show, and the air conditioning was on the fritz. Even though it was hot and steamy in there, the band pulled it off nicely, but everyone was swooning from the heat. The other consideration for me is that if I go to Asbury Park I know they will be re-creating the 7/9/89 show, which was a terrific Dead show with a nice setlist, but I would prefer to see an elective show, and I would stand at least a chance of getting one at the PAC. Not in a rush to make a decision, but I am definitely on the fence pondering which I should go with. 

Archived