Truckin'
Spoonful
drums
The Other One
Morning Dew
Throwin' Stones
Not Fade Away

We Bid You Goodnight

Definitely the best show I've seen...they were on from the first song of set one! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I HATE that fucking song. That’s all, thanks for letting me share. 

I can certainly understand distaste for Victim.  Picasso Moon borders on such vitriol for me - I get it.  Victim scrambled my eggs a time or 2 and when that happened, it almost always seemed to go into Foolish Heart - weird.

Lotta 'openers' in that 1st set.  Mardi-Gras show, right?

Great first set.  I got a call from my wife at set break that my son was very sick and I had to leave.  BUMMER!  He is totally fine now.  Little punk stole my second set from me.

Feel Like a Stranger had what seemed like a totally different rhythm and pace to it. Wondering if the band was having a hard time finding the groove or it was intentional....or maybe I was just hearing things?

Had a hard time achieving lift-off......Half Step finally got me there.  Really well played.

This was the second time I've seen Eaton do Masterpiece.  I love what he puts into the song.  That song really holds a special meaning to me.  Of all the songs I've learned on guitar in my lifetime......that's the only one that I have never stopped playing.  It was one of the very first songs I learned, and I still strum it every now and again 25 years later.  The lyrics are just so perfect.  Thank You Rob.

Birdsong was really well done.  Jeff was having a really good night. 3 great selections in the first set and he killed them all.

Kind of figured it was a 90's show when the first set cut short.  Based on what they had played over the last week, my call last night was for an 80's show with Help, Slip, Frank. 

I lived in Princeton JCT, NJ for a long time (town right next to Princeton).  I don't go back to Princeton very often, but really appreciate what a beautiful town it is whenever I get to visit.  Enjoyed that part of the night last night.  Lots of dance space.  McCarter was not full.  Dance seen was pretty subdued in 1st set.

Met up with a good high school friend inside.  Had fun dancing and wished I got to stay and dance to that Aiko and Throwing Stones in the 2nd Set.  Oh Well.....gotta wait until summer.

Peace.

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of reasons why this was the best show I've seen so far...I went straight from my last final of the semester to the venue, and this show was the perfect way to kick off the summer! As someone whose listening habits are mostly stuck between 72-74, I heard a bunch of songs that I know of but have never previously listened to...Victim, Spoonful, etc. The meltdown/spacey jam in Victim was killer. Bunch of my favorites in this setlist, like Bird Song, Other One, and Dew, and each was played exceptionally well. The jams in the first set were great, the shorter first sets of this show compated to electives or early 70s stuff allowed the band to really jam out each song. The venue is also great...perfect sound, chill crowds, and an Overall great vibe. I enjoyed this show exponentially more than Saturday in Port Chester...not that that was a bad show, but last night's setting and setlist were top notch 

• Forum MVP

I wasn’t there so I can’t judge the show. 

On paper I’d say you need to see more DSO if that was the best one ever for you. Did you go to Tarrytown?

What about Penns?  They’ve been on fire this tour so I can see why you thinking this way. 

Maybe best tour ever. East Coast gets the heat. 

27 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

I wasn’t there so I can’t judge the show. 

On paper I’d say you need to see more DSO if that was the best one ever for you. Did you go to Tarrytown?

What about Penns?  They’ve been on fire this tour so I can see why you thinking this way. 

Maybe best tour ever. East Coast gets the heat. 

Unfortunately I wasn't at either, last night was only my 13th DSO show, I've only been on the bus for about 2 years now

• Forum MVP

Man. I loved show 13. My first 100 shows like every night or every other night was the best ever. Now I have like 25 shows in my top 10. 

Welcome to the family. I’m sure our paths will cross on down the line. 

Enjoy the ride. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Saturday at Port Chester was a little too full and had some crowd issues for me. The show would get good. Emotional. I would connect and start to really move. Then I’d get bumped into as the other “Heads” in the crowd moved to the bar or bathroom or outside smoke with little to no care if they bumped or shoved me out their way. Black Throated. Melody come to mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, Mango said:

Super boring setlist but dso always delivers above what the setlist shows.

Blasphemy!!! Blasphemy too, PG. 

The end made up for the rest. 

And the answer to the song question is crime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Damn - a veritable Haterade thread.  Hey PG - What did Queen Jane ever do to you?  Whatever - I'll take your Queen Jane and raise you a Brother Esau. 

Thanks Rude - you just unlocked all the secrets of the universe....except why some people like Push Comes to Shove.  OK - I'll stop.....

• Forum MVP
15 minutes ago, Tea said:

Thanks Rude - you just unlocked all the secrets of the universe....except why some people like Push Comes to Shove.  OK - I'll stop.....

It’s because they are afraid of love

• Like (+1) 4

In the summer of 1987, I was 8 years old. Touch of Grey blasted at the speakers at my local pool, and many of us received "In The Dark" from parents thinking that latest classic rock tape was better than the Michael Jackson tape. 

I love that album, and I love "When Push Comes to Shove", cheesy as it is

• Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, Tea said:

Hey PG - What did Queen Jane ever do to you?  Whatever - I'll take your Queen Jane and raise you a Brother Esau. 

At least Brother Esau is danceable.

Queen Jane not so much.....listless, drones on and on the same vein; she obviously is a drag- have you listen to the lyrics? Makes me feel like I'm eating melted soft serve ice cream. Maybe it was too many of them and I reached my fill. Give me an Easy Answers instead. lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Tell Dylan that to his face next time you see him. Lots of blasphemy being spewed today. I’ll pray to the music gods for your souls. Not sure if that will be very successful b/c Jerry has become a vengeful god. If you didn’t notice he made bobby think that he’s actually playing fast tempos and think that Mayer would be a perfect replacement. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

At least Brother Esau is danceable.

Queen Jane not so much.....listless, drones on and on the same vein; she obviously is a drag- have you listen to the lyrics? Makes me feel like I'm eating melted soft serve ice cream. Maybe it was too many of them and I reached my fill. Give me an Easy Answers instead. lol

I've always agreed with your bias against many of the Dylan covers, PG...….half of them I could do without