unbroken chain

drums space

dark star

St Stephen  

William tell

the eleven nfa

comes a time

encore the Weight 

the comes A time was amazing. The drop into St Stephen sublime. 

Hearts A Fire ( thanks The Nth Power) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I was fully convinced we were getting the 5/23 modified slightly and then the 50yr 5-24-69 2nd set after I saw the Gibson’s. But a 69 night 1 would have been tough as day 1 is draining. But I think once the thought of what show was gonna be played spun through my head for the day it became fact and I was expecting dark star to open the show ;) .  But I got a dark star Stephen eleven and what more can a man ask for than that combo and it was fantastic. I think this 50yr anniversary year also makes me look to see if there’s a 69 on the date of the show which you wouldn’t so as much last year as 49 yrs isn’t that gold anniversary milestone. I used to never look at dates until the 50 thing is now convincing me every good show with a 50yr is going down that night lol. It’s wishful thinking at least for me, but conversely if they weren’t as rare I wouldn’t treasure those experiences quite as much as the every 25 shows or so one gets busted out. Ramble ramble. Electronics off. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Just like a meat and three; got our greens- mustard, dandelion, Swiss chard.  Sticks to the rib cage. Meat falls off the bone

For some off reason, I couldn’t help but think about atomic 🐶 - maybe it was the NASA shirt taking us to outer space. 

• Forum MVP

Friday is always rough for me with the early start to the day, setup then adrenaline from anticipation. That likely affects the way I view a show. Musically I liked night 2 the best and fun wise I liked night 3 as everyone had their dancing shoes on and were fully adjusted. Then once I get my cardio up, it’s over.

Let’s shoot for a 4 night jubilee next year. Early bird Thursday tickets limited to 800 with early bird entry from noon-6pm only. Early bird show is Dark Star only and it’s $75 a ticket(must have full weekend ticket as well). I’m in!!! 

• Like (+1) 5
18 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

Any other recordings ? JM&F? MKB? Billy Strings?

The tapers there were a staunch crew and taped everything. I took it easy and only taped DSO night one, really had a lot of fun being untethered, though. 

• Like (+1) 2
1 minute ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Just listened to Visions>Johanna. Nice! Jeff does a good job with them. That’s a lot of words. I could never, I would desecrate it. I thought I heard talkers during visions. Maybe taller mic stands? Just asking, I am clueless.

I'll have to see how mine sounds, I know I had my mics up high. I'll get it up online one of these days.  Everyone likes to do it differently, and some mics pick up more talking depending how sensitive or directional they are. Ideally, less talking during a quieter song 👻

• Thanks (+1) 1