Jubilee Sunday 2019

t.bell

• Forum MVP
On 5/27/2019 at 1:35 PM, Mango said:

more smoking on the dance floor. 

Im stopping smoking cigs and getting a vape in the morning just to spite you. Plus the gf has made me go outside to smoke the last 3 years and that sucks. Plus I need to up my dance game. Getting harder to keep those super fast dance paces for extended periods. MAMU>big rivers are killing me. Next time you see me I’ll have digital nicotine. Bye bye analog nicotine delivery systems(note I may have a smoke sometimes post show but I’m done buying them). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
28 minutes ago, Rude said:

Im stopping smoking cigs and getting a vape in the morning just to spite you. Plus the gf has made me go outside to smoke the last 3 years and that sucks. Plus I need to up my dance game. Getting harder to keep those super fast dance paces for extended periods. MAMU>big rivers are killing me. Next time you see me I’ll have digital nicotine. Bye bye analog nicotine delivery systems(note I may have a smoke sometimes post show but I’m done buying them). 

Good luck...….one of the best health promoting decisions you can make

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’ve made many life changing decisions on or right after tour. 3 years ago after the mini post jubilee tour talking to MC I decided to leave the company I worked for and start my own business. 2 days after getting home I quit my job of 10 years, took my clients and started anew. This music and scene is so positive it can’t help but inspire you to do positive things. Note that I just plan on vaping so really not stopping nicotine but stopping the carcinogens and CO. I did it before until the vape broke while on tour and went back to analog smokes. 

• Forum MVP

The lyrics in Grateful Dead music are positive and motivating. They provide insight to the reality of life on this planet. They are words to live by. Jerry singing can be like a preacher, or better yet, like a wise grandfather talking to a younger person. They subtly keep us on course. The compass always points to Terrapin!  

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Hope you’re serious, RD.

And the reason that you make many life-changing decisions on or right after tour is because you are always either on or right after tour.  😁

😂😂

It’s mostly I aspire to better myself after hanging with so many amazing people. I also see my flaws through others’ behavior and things become clear to me and it makes me want to change. Everyone aspires in their minds to be healthier, exercise more, live better, but making that leap seems to be easier right after tour at least for me. Maybe when you are on cloud 9 it’s easier to make hard changes. If someone’s wanting to stop drinking or smoking or whatever, it’s hard when you are in a dark place but much easier when everything has a glow to it. Love u peeps!!! 

• Like (+1) 2
On 5/29/2019 at 10:38 AM, Mango said:

The dancing occurring Sunday night was some of the best, most communal, blissed out that I've ever experienced (need I cite my credentials again??). 

The dancing on Sunday night was, by far, the best I have experienced and the best I have ever been able to move. Really, absolutely perfect, and the benchmark I'll measure everything against. The energy in the dance area was palpable and infectious and my deepest thanks go out to all who shared in it. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

It was the hardest I’ve seen a whole crowd dance. Insane energy. Everyone using every drop of energy they could muster. I filled the Nalgene with ice water 3x in 10 minutes to make sure no one fell out. That was other level energy!!!! 

38 minutes ago, Rude said:

It was the hardest I’ve seen a whole crowd dance. Insane energy. Everyone using every drop of energy they could muster. I filled the Nalgene with ice water 3x in 10 minutes to make sure no one fell out. That was other level energy!!!! 

That water was a life saver, the only night I didn't bring any down. Forgot it for set two, also 🤪

On 5/28/2019 at 11:13 PM, robbok3 said:

We are of very aware of the presence of the Amazing Giants.  They are a Jubilee staple and have participated in a few NYE celebrations as well.  Personally, I love watching them while I play and it has the ability to give me a spark of energy. Did you see the energy they gave to Salmon when they were on stage with them?  Perfect example there.  Seeing the crowd enjoying it contributes too.   Great  people when they are not performing, as well.  I understand and respect not everything is everyone's cup of tea.  Just wanted to share my perspective. 

As for the other concerns people have, we hear about them and try to rectify them moving forward.  

I think I speak for most...LOVE that group of performers just not right in our dance mix...Thanks buddy for chiming in! Hit em straight!!

• Forum MVP

Some of the amazing giants are dear friends of mine. Back in the camp inappropriate days we camped with several of them. 

I intentionally did not include them in my initial post. I find their distraction to be very short lived. Like being offered a joint. Small stuff. Not worth taken a stand over for me. My 6 year old step daughter loved them. 

By the way, she had an absolute blast. Jubilee is definitely a festival that works hard to keep it safe and enjoyable for the kids. Toph was in bubble land all day. 

I think I’m gonna fire hoop in camp late night next year. See how it goes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I think everyone here has nothing but love for the Amaxing Giants. The only issue was end of 1st set forcing us to relocate mid song. We had to leave the groove and find where to move. Once we could all reunite mid 2nd set we unleashed all that energy we couldn’t burn in the tighter space in addition to our normal energy. For a split second I’m pretty sure we created a worm hole. You could see people look and wonder if they should jump in and be free and many joined and just let go. Others likely wondered how we weren’t making contact with each other as we had this frenzied energy like a mosh pit but without contact. Others likely thought us insane. 

Thanks for bringing this Sunday show up again. Man that was fun and got a rush of adrenaline thinking of it again. Maybe we should have a weekly jubilee post ;)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
4 hours ago, Rude said:

Others likely wondered how we weren’t making contact with each other as we had this frenzied energy like a mosh pit but without contact. Others likely thought us insane.

It was amazing, everyone randomly orbiting each other at high rates of speed. Would have been cool to see what kind of patterns we drew out by the end of the night. Gonna be fun to try to top that night 😇

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Hardpan said:

It was amazing, everyone randomly orbiting each other at high rates of speed. Would have been cool to see what kind of patterns we drew out by the end of the night. Gonna be fun to try to top that night 😇

I love that description. Orbiting seems to be the perfect word. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

"Enjoyable beyond imagination of expectancy, samadhi bliss!
Not a mental chloroform
Or unconscious state without wilful return,
Samadhi but extends my conscious realm
Beyond limits of the mortal frame
To farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea,
Watch the little ego floating in me."

these lines, from the poem Samadhi by Yogananda, comes to mind when i remember this night. Stillness through motion~

• Like (+1) 3