2019 Annual Meet Up at the Movies

Tea

• Forum MVP

Eyes opener and Dark Star riffs throughout the whole show.  St of Circumstance and another tune were also simulcast on ABC TV's 'In-Concert' if I remember correctly.   

Hornsby was turned up pretty loud....

• Forum MVP

I’ve never been to one of these because they are always mid week and I’ve worked nights for over 23 years. Well my area no longer requires 2 shifts so starting July 1st  I’ll be working a split shift 10-6:30. So now I’ll get to do stuff like meet up at the movies, local mid week shows and Monday  and Thursday night football without taking off. I Try to look on the bright side I guess. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good morning everybody,

So happy I purchased my tickets for tonight's show in advance because it is almost sold out. With that being said the theatre just added 2 more show times---7:05 & 7:10. This theatre offers "dream loungers" which allow you to really kick back and enjoy. I'm hoping we don't need them due to everybody getting up and "getting down" LOL. Have a great time everybody that is going and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jerry!!! enjoy the day          

• Forum MVP

Wow this is the 1st year our theater doesn’t have it. I guess the 12 people who show every year don’t justify a whole theater. 120 miles to closest theater. :(

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

I honestly wished theyd do a live 4K stream instead of a movie event. 

Theaters are garbage sound for music compared to home theater. Theaters are made for surround sound, not music. I went and had them turn the music up at the theater and you could hear the distortion after he did. I’m like dude this is a concert movie. It needs to be turned up. Then I got to listen to distorted bass the rest of the show. 

• Forum MVP

Happy Birthday, Jerry.

Just got home, great to see the big man

on the big screen in a big recliner.

What a WMD that last guitar was,

the witch doctor, all the cords and buttons.

The boys were on point for this list,

Dark Star sprinkled throughout, although

never landed, and a stand alone Playin'

reprise (cc:JohnA), bunch of fun first setters.

Personal highlight the TruckinSpeedway.

For 91, a pretty solid show.  Thanks Jerry.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

I was pleasantly surprised. They had the sound turned way up. People kept coming in as they were leaving other movies because you could hear it outside. Every row had more full seats than empty. A good turn out. The show was good and I really enjoyed it on tha huge screen. This was my first meet up but I dare say it won’t be my last 

• Forum MVP

I just got back also. Had a blast. Nice theatre on the Wilmington waterfront. My seat was in the last row. Julie Andrews dancing room. Only a few other people in my row. I think they even waxed the floor. Easy dancing. It’s weird needing a shower after going to the movies. Great show. Fun set list. Brought back so many memories of the good old days. 

They played in one theater in Lexington this year, and that was a good choice. I only saw 5 open seats, and that was surprising. They turned the music up during the first song-everyone clapped. It was nice to see a video to a tape I've played lots over the years. Theater has reclining chairs and a button if you needed food or drink.

It wasn't my home, but it was nice a good time.

Happy Friday..

Thank god our Theater had 3 shows going... one @ 7:00 & 7:03 & 7:10---the 7 o'clock show was almost a sell-out but the crowd was to mellow and then during Uncle Johns band the power went out in our screening so we all had to "crash" the other screening. We had a great time & one of the coolest things was buying a beer---a 16oz Heineken after tax came to...…….$7.10 now that is the power of the Grateful dead force.... Yip!!! 

Dead Duck glad to hear your first time went great and you had fun with your youngest

Have a great Friday 

• Forum MVP

Fun time!  Packed-house.  Hornsby and Jerry were feelin it that night!

A really big cheer went up at the start of Eyes but it was otherwise a pretty mellow scene - just a few people dancing, 1 hooping.  I apparently obstructed the view of a few attendees who suggested loudly that I shut it down.  They got booed and left - lol! 

• Forum MVP

I went back row in the aisle. Being tall I try not to post up directly in front of a sitter. Especially since my youngest is taller than me now too. Lol

Only complaint was leaving the house lights up too high. I guess there have been problems of doobie sparking in the past in the dark. 😂😆😆 Only reason I could think of

Archived