Slyvania, OH

Tea

• Forum MVP

6-28-79

Sacramento Memorial Auditorium

Set One: Don't Ease Me In ; New Minglewood Blues ; They Love Each Other ; Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues ; Peggy-O ; It's All Over Now ; Stagger Lee ; Passenger ; Loser ; The Music Never Stopped 

Set Two: Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Samson And Delilah ; Ship Of Fools ; Playing In The Band > Eyes Of The World > Drums > Not Fade Away > Black Peter > Around And Around 

Encore: U.S. Blues

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I hope after these last 2 shows cotter doesn’t lose his hearing. The sound was as perfect as sound gets and also as loud as it gets. Love those huge outdoor PA’s. Such a great night. Fortunate to see friends we don’t get to see much pop up at tha show. Great venue and good times were had by all. Saw an old face who was seeing his 1st Dso show in 5 years that was doing the 1st New Years run I did in 2013. That was cool. Reminisced about that crazy time we had.  By set 2 it was cool enough to full boogie. When there’s tons and tons of space, everyone gets down. A older lady next to us seeing Dso for the 1st time said before the show I guess u guys weren’t able to see deadco so you came here. I’m like we are here because this is the Grateful Dead to me. After a few songs she’s like this is the Grateful Dead. She’s like you can hear every instrument so clearly. She was definitely a knowledgeable deadhead in her mid 60s and was blown away. She’s like I see why you see these guys a lot. I’m like Tix are cheap and you don’t have to walk a mile to get to the venue. I also maybe talked several people into going to jubilee that didn’t know it existed. When  the sound is that perfect everyone becomes a believer. Home for 2 nights then gonna finish off the mini tour. Dso is the only band at summer fest to have a 4 hour block. All others 2 hour max. That means I’m going. A phish tribute is playing right before them. Phun. At least it’s the proper order so you have the main course after the appetizers 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
16 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

She was definitely a knowledgeable deadhead in her mid 60s...”

Seriously? How can anyone that old have anything approaching a working knowledge of a youth phenomenon like fun in general and music in particular?  

WTF...there are knowledgeable sexagenarians...imagine that

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

B4 the show I assumed from demeanor and appearance and unfamiliarity that Dso existed as well as other tributes that she wasn’t as familiar with the music. Her kids were there(30’s) and were really cool and went to jubilee so they got their mom to come, so by all that I deduced incorectky that she didn’t know the music but she did. Sorry all of you old farts that got offended. I guess I’ll have to hire someone who speaks in the pre internet language better  write my posts and any more responses like that will get my spokesperson Sarah sanders denying I ever typed it in the 1st place. 

• Forum MVP
On 7/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, Rude said:

...Sorry all of you old farts that got offended......

You can't offended us any more.  You have lost all your Ruddness.   You have become too mild and modest. You are just a softy and can't dance with the best of us since the foot incident. .    But we still love you, Rude as you are.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 1