Not Fade Away
Wharf Rat
Sugar Magnolia

U.S. Blues

F:  Ripple

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Right!? Nice of them to give the dancers a break between China/rider and scarlet/fire. Probably necessary 

Accurate, with plenty of space and sound at this gem of a venue.

Bad weather done b4 show.

Three pairs followed by Franklin's...yippie!

JM birthday and close to Rob K house. His drummer kids playing with daddy from rail.

As Jerry would say...Fun!!!

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, 2muchfun said:

Accurate, with plenty of space and sound at this gem of a venue.

Bad weather done b4 show.

Three pairs followed by Franklin's...yippie!

JM birthday and close to Rob K house. His drummer kids playing with daddy from rail.

As Jerry would say...Fun!!!

Dino also lived in Chesterfield, MO at one time. His mom lived on the same street as my mom and the same street where I grew up.

There was a little rainbow and a beautiful sunset over the lake behind the stage during the set break.

We got a break in the weather after the rain. Cool temps for the show. 

Crowd chanted "Let's Go Blues!" after Minglewood Blues and after U.S. Blues.

The band did a couple notes of "Gloria" after Minglewood Blues as well.

I love the venue! 

• Forum MVP

Great show. Hung out with lots of new friends. Great venue. We prayed for rain but it didn’t come lol. A few water douses did the trick. Was nice to see the band get to do a show with their friends and family. 

Up to chicago today. It’s meili and my 5th anniversary. Yay!!!  5 years wow. When we met she had no clue who the dead was. Now she’s a free range head at shows and figuring some songs before I do. I’ve done well ;)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Right!? Nice of them to give the dancers a break between China/rider and scarlet/fire. Probably necessary 

That and the strange space>drums>space was the only reprieve. That 2nd set was as hot as a set can be. Scarlett fire sailor saint franklin got the crowd hot. Found some Ice water to pour on my head after that. I knew I was overheating but what can you do. Pray for rain or a ballad and neither came ;)  

• Like (+1) 1

What a great show and time. Was so proud of my local town to show the love and support for some of our local musicians.  Was a little worried because Chesterfield has its share of "yuppies" and the police can be very hard at times but all turned out great.

Was great to see all my friends show up that our part of the "Jakes Leg" scene. Jakes Leg is a great local Dead band that Rob K plays in every once in awhile- was like a "dead reunion"

STLblues----always great to see you at shows and love your videos that you always post. Leha and I had a great 3 show run and made it home safe with some crazy stories and memories to share with you at next Jakes Leg show 

Show highlights: THE WHOLE SHOW!!!!   Really the  band was that good---Thank you so much Dark Star!!!     

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished listening to sec1968’s taping of the show on archive.org for the second time.  The band seems to be “playing” more with the music and lyrics. Kinda letting loose, improvising and having fun with it.  Not sure I can point to anything specific . Maybe ripple, and just the way Jeff said “fucker” during wharf rat.  I really liked that show a lot. Is anyone else noticing something similar?