Milwaukee, WI > 7.6.19

Tea

• Forum MVP

So I’m told...

Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy, WI (7/6/84)

Iko Iko
Jack Straw
Big Railroad Blues
Little Red Rooster
Candyman
Me and My Uncle
Mexicali Blues
Bird Song
Let it Grow

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Ship of Fools
Man Smart/Woman Smarter
drums
Dear Mr. Fantasy
The Other One
Black Peter
Why Don't We Do it in the Road
Around Jam (?)
Sugar Magnolia

Touch of Grey

Bird Song > Let It Grow is Always a good sign ❤️

• Forum MVP

2nd set start to finish intentional face melt into the triple filler encore of box, ugh(tbd) the weight. And they kept the full psychedelic style through the last second and I mean the 2nd set b/t cotter and the band was as intentionally psychedelic ot every version down to that wicked melter sugar mags. There was nothing that was just jam happy. It was melt from the 1st drop of 2nd until the end.. It was all moving sound circle and wickedness. Best show easily I saw this summer. These guys were on and the spot was as good as it gets. 60s and windy July 6. 

Thanks you guys. My jaw was dropped that whole 2nd. Bravo. All I could do was smile. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Filler was Box, weight, GSET. Currently playing 7/7/84 as it’s show time. 

Heres Eatons board from that 7/6/84 show. Better sounding board in 84? Doubt it. Tell me that 2nd set isn’t off the charts in weirdness. The whole show is rocket tempo and weird. Crescendos are almost never where expected. Bass drops not where expected. It’s flying blind bliss. The whole set I was jaw dropped. My neighbor was at the show. He recognized it several songs in and he’s like I’ve never heard a show this amazing. 

What was in their heads when they created this. It’s a must listen. Oh and John A, you only have an aud for this show. Need version 4.6.2.0.1 to fix that ;)

https://archive.org/details/gd1984-07-06.139531.sbd.pcm.miller-eaton.flac1644

all I can say was WOW!!!  What a great show and time to end our 3 show run. The weather in Milwaukee was incredible after the St. Louis and Aurora shows. 1st time ever at Summerfest-what a great venue with tones of things to do, see and eat and then you add Dark Star to end the day.. YAHOOO!!!

Rude--- what can I say--- it was so great to meet and hang out with you and the special treat really added to the fun and made my evening complete. I will never forget that night and you & your wife. You guys are special people that really understand the true meaning to our scene. thank you so much and be safe and have fun travels and hope you guys got some good "Beatle Juice time" after the show.... LOL  

Show highlights for me---- Black Peter (this song is my wifes favorite and we got it on the last night)

Touch of Grey--- this song really hit me since I just turned 50 in June

Dear Mr. Fantasy--- Rob B killed this song--hell the whole band killed every song.... LOL

Thank you Dark Star for such a great time. Be safe everybody and enjoy the day 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Rude said:

Oh and John A, you only have an aud for this show. Need version 4.6.2.0.1 to fix that ;)

And to make matters worse, your drive probably doesn't have the Schoeps recording as the audience source, which only came into circulation fairly recently.  It's quite nice as well.