Jeff Mattson's best work!

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

I realize this is like selecting your favorite child but there are polarizing moments in all our lives if we're obsessed with music. For me, without debate Jerry's best guitar work is in his solo in hard to handle from 4-29-71, don't even try to convince me otherwise. Fucking hair raising. 

For Jeff with me it's 4-8-18 (on archive) when he does after midnight. I was fucking blessed enough to catch the jgb run in spring 2018 when our brother Eaton was out for a stretch. It was one of the most memorable tours I've ever done thanks to the incrediblely killer quality of the shows done by a band that currently has no equal. Thank you doc, thank you rude. That was a run like no other. That is why we do what we do.

What show has Jeff rung your bell? Honorable mention goes to 12-1-17 for me, check it on archive, you won't be disappointed. Oh, I could go on.......

Eyes of the World, in Worcester, fall 2017, was wonderful. Listened to the GD show that night on the way home (4/1/85) and it hooked me on 80s dead, now my absolute favorite era, and convinced me to start taping, because there were no tapers in attendance that night and I couldn't revisit the magic I felt during that Eyes. China Rider in Hampton Beach on 7/28/18 is one of my favorite ones to listen to, the first show I taped, love the transition. Jeff and the band worked the crowd into a frenzy. 

The final night of Jubilee this year is still fresh in my memory as the most perfect time I've had at a show, really just a beautiful night all around.

When I 1st knew Jeff had arrived.  Early on with DSO a show on the Rock my Soul Summer Tour.  8/9/2010.  Zoellner Arts Center | Bethlehem, PA on the campus of Lehigh University.  The 15 year anniversary of Jerry's death.  On the rail to see Jeff belt out an encore of Brokedown Palace.  There were tears streaming down the faces in the crowd And on the stage.  Very powerful stuff.  There were no audio devices allowed at that show so I don't believe any recordings were ever made

Archived