Hampton Beach 7/27/19

Tea

• Forum MVP

6/16/76 - Beacon Theatre

(1)  Promised Land, Sugaree, Cassidy, Candyman, Music Never Stopped, Must Have Been the Roses, Looks Like Rain, Tennessee Jed, Let It Grow > Drums > Let It Grow > Might As Well

(2)  St Stephen > Not Fade Away > Stella Blue, Samson & Delilah, FOTD, Dancin In The Streets > The Wheel > Sugar Mags > Scarlet Begonias > Sunshine Daydream

E:  Johnny B Goode

F:  White Rabbit?  Not confirmed

looks fantastic.  Dancers better have had their Wheaties before this one ❤️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, John A said:

Today in Grateful Dead trivia: the Dead split Sugar Mags/SSDD only 5 times, 3 of which were summer '76.

I’m surprised that this only occurred 5 times for the GD, as it seems much more common since Bobby became the sole architect of setlist design.  

I have not yet consulted Deadbase to confirm the other two...

I know one of the other two for sure, as I was there:  7-18-89, Alpine.

If I had to guess the other I would say Rich Stadium in the late 80’s or early 90’s, but I’m not positive.

Thanks for the cool fact, John.  Please share the answers when you see fit?

• Forum MVP

Could there be more sugar mags/sunshine daydream splits? What about around the time of Bill Graham’s death. Didn’t they finish it like a week later? Does that count? I at least used to have a tape with it split up, heard it a million times. Closing of Winterland? Some late eighties New Years Eve? Fuck, I don’t know. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, John A said:

Today in Grateful Dead trivia: the Dead split Sugar Mags/SSDD only 5 times, 3 of which were summer '76.

They pushed Sugar Mags into something other than SSDD a decent amount of times.  Only 5 times they finally closed it up later with SSDD

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Think I will skip Dewey beach shows and do VA show and head toBM. 

better than Hampton?  I think i can’t miss those two shows!   Mason , maybe we can meet some time 

if u were at HBeach it would have been nice meeting you. Where do u usually hang out at the shows ? 

He's an okay dancer...😎

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Tea said:

They pushed Sugar Mags into something other than SSDD a decent amount of times.  Only 5 times they finally closed it up later with SSDD

Correct.  There were many other times they started and finished it later in the set/show, but just 5 times when they split it with just one song in the middle.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, John A said:

Correct.  There were many other times they started and finished it later in the set/show, but just 5 times when they split it with just one song in the middle.

Ah, the one song in between part is critical here.  Obviously not applicable to the Alpine show I mentioned, or the Rich Stadium show that I’m thinking of.

going to get Deadbase now...

• Forum MVP

Dishwasher blonde? Is she wearing a hair net?  Think you mean dishwater 😜. You’d used to see MC dancing a whole show but he has begun to slow down, but he still gets it for a good hour a show. I’ve decided I’m going to really super attempt to maybe try not to dance every second of every show to save my body maybe? I gots no self control when Dead is played loud and it’s takinh its toll. Maybe MC just sees lots of broken down dancers and he doesn’t want to join the club. Smart move. I’ll maybe possibly attempt to try to curtail my enthusiasm, at least in 2020 or 2021, well at least by 2035 or tone it down on uneven surfaces or just boot up and pump it up really tight. On that note I’m pretty much fully healed and it makes me scared to get crazy considering it’s taken 16 months to repair. I’m susceptible now but what can you do. Maybe don’t listen to Dead or see deadco. At deadco you can bob your head and be one of the hardest dancers. No peer pressure there plus maybe I need a slow tempo music I don’t feel inclined to need to dance to. It’s not like the furious Dso crowds where the floor is slick from sweat flying. I tried my hardest but never built up a sweat over 3 shows this summer seeing deadco. Geez. 

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Rude said:

Dishwasher blonde? Is she wearing a hair net?  Think you mean dishwater 😜. You’d used to see MC dancing a whole show but he has begun to slow down, but he still gets it for a good hour a show. I’ve decided I’m going to really super attempt to maybe try not to dance every second of every show to save my body maybe? I gots no self control when Dead is played loud and it’s takinh its toll. Maybe MC just sees lots of broken down dancers and he doesn’t want to join the club. Smart move. I’ll maybe possibly attempt to try to curtail my enthusiasm, at least in 2020 or 2021, well at least by 2035 or tone it down on uneven surfaces or just boot up and pump it up really tight. On that note I’m pretty much fully healed and it makes me scared to get crazy considering it’s taken 16 months to repair. I’m susceptible now but what can you do. Maybe don’t listen to Dead or see deadco. At deadco you can bob your head and be one of the hardest dancers. No peer pressure there plus maybe I need a slow tempo music I don’t feel inclined to need to dance to. It’s not like the furious Dso crowds where the floor is slick from sweat flying. I tried my hardest but never built up a sweat over 3 shows this summer seeing deadco. Geez. 

We were gettin down in boulder

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Wow rude can’t even remember the last time i saw you dance. Come to Jamaica I haven’t slowed down a bit. 

We were in aurora and I said hey bro are u having trouble keeping up as a joke.