I would not be the man that I am"

Peace and Love,
Lyle Lovett
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Maybe it’s the “am”..... as in “I the woman”. “You the Woman!”

but I ain’t the man. 

And thank Bobby, as velvet thunder would.never be the same.  Lighting has to strike fast to catch up with how much the  messin with the reason actually makes it fun to be living!!    Double dose at any pace....because the I am is ever dependent  on the one who follows the path to the river.  Silly to not read behind to understand the now, but comment moving forward...I prefer the furthur, past was then , words are now, and dance is in the future!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
18 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

The format has changed so much since my frequent log ons.....dont know how to navigate.  But, I do know, this weekend and the thrill of it had me up at 4am this morning.  Like Christmas when I was 6!!  Who can sleep with the anticipation.  Giving up Richmond for blk mountain.  Cant wait to see so many faces.  The past years have aged me faster than the touring ever did.  

Can not wait to hit the road, get up with the Carolina contingent, and shake some bones.   Love that the music will never stop.  Life long friends, familure faces, and good times.  

Hope many of yall are ready for some sweaty hugs, as age may being showing, but my dancing remains youthful, and the spark yall bring will defintely light this sun up.  Ready to shine and orbit around you beautiful stars!! Vice versa!!  

F..n....love this stuff!!  Copperfield ain't got nuten on this type of magic!!   This magic is no illusion, and it's always there!!  

Safe travels all....ready to kick up some wood chips at blk mountain!!

And.....dont camp at koa unless u want to be called a child, while your child is sleeping in a tent, just to wake up to find out he had chocolate chip cookies for breakfast!!  He still remembers that, and how I got upset....but your friends gave them to me dad.  Dont lie son, I'm not, and he wasn't.  

Will bring all three one day, but this trip, just me, myself and i....and that's plenty!!  

• Like (+1) 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

Love you brother.  I know it's tough.  We want our children to know where their parents came from.  I dont know the extent of it all, but I know its serious.  Can never shed that weight, but...I do hope we can help to make the weight a little lighter for a brief moment.  Thoughts and prayers when the new was shared last night.  You get my first sweaty hug.  We met at black mtn, 2 songs into first set and you told me I looked like I was 12 songs in.  Did not matter the banter or challenges previous on this site.  I believe there was a immediate respect we both acknowledged.  People care about you brother, which means we care about all that is you. 

Hopefully some time to chat, as I know you have your hands full.  If not, you know the cup of love is always filled. C u soon!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Not sure about this otherlove guy. I liked that sunny guy as long as the room wasn’t in my name. Goingbacktowhere didn’t go to many shows and went dark for a long period. Now this new character shows up. But he can’t be any worse than Tea squelching full volume as the cops climbed the stairs though. Stop singing bro. Not til the song is finished.  Those 2 lady cops were not fans of us straight white males. If those 2 lady cops swung the other way we could have sweet talked them as opposed to keeping their hands on their pistols dealing with middle age guys who are obviously not violent threats. I think they mistook that singing for the cries of a tortured lemur. Not trying to be sexist but 2 lady cops together means a bullet is getting fired with any physicality. That was very strange. Never saw that before. I’m guessing they wouldn’t get the 4 large males fighting call but got the hotel drunken singing call. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Rude said:

....Those 2 lady cops ....

I hear those two have now gotten on the bus.  Tea inspired them last year to check out what this music and friendship is all about. They contacted me (being the elder statesman for the group) and after I sent them some music they insisted I take them to a D&C show. We had a good time but they complained the music was too slow for their taste. We will see them on the rail tonight at Bear Mountain.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Like (+1) 3
  • LMAO 1