Bottle and Cork, Dewey Beach, DE

• Forum MVP

The cops are strict. Be good or be good at it. The place has four walls but no roof over half of it. That makes it kinda neat for summer beach show. Uneven floor, gotta seek out a good spot to dance or you will appear drunk. The band loves the place. I think they may even be the reason that there’s no roof on half of the place. Skip bombed it off years ago. Pretty sure. Small stage so one drummer show and one night elective is the usual routine but don’t trust DSO. They keep us on our toes, mixing things up constantly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I wouldn’t say the band loves it. They always play smoking shows there. Like they used to at the 930. Crowded. Loud. Lots of beer spills. 

Ive heard it referred to as dowehaveto beach. However they sell out week nights there. They venue takes care of them financially and like I said they always smoke those shows. Definitely worth going. 

We went last year. We gonna stay in ocean city this year for family time. 

• Like (+1) 3
4 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Plus you almost guaranteed a one drummer show with some pigpen. I love those shows. 

However watch Dso figure out how to get 2 drum sets on stage since now 2 of us have mentioned the one drummer aspect. 

Two drummers minus the beast and other modern drum equipment for a 69 style?? 🤤🤤

Can’t go wrong with a day at the beach, then DSO at night! For what it’s worth, I have been to the last 5 DSO runs at the Bottle and Cork. Other than a bogus parking ticket, we’ve never had issues with the police. We usually stay at Cape Henlopen SP and Uber down and back. Anyone camping?

• Like (+1) 2