Are you ready for some football

Rude

• Forum MVP

I can’t wait. TV is boring for me when there is no football or basketball going on. Even morning espn sports shows are pretty boring and pointless for me. 

I love America’s pastime by the way. However only follow it on the box scores or going to games. Sometimes in September October I lock in on the TV. 

It’s time to start thinking fantasy draft

• Forum MVP

Once ted turner sold my braves to corporate interests and they had a player fire sale, I lost all interest in baseball. When TBS showed every braves game I became hooked. I even watched every AAA game they showed during the 1981 strike year. That was a brilliant ploy as the braves had such a great farm system and we got to see the up and coming players. Dale Murphy was my hero followed closely by bob Horner. Those braves teams in the early 80s were horrible, but I realize that most of my sports teams through the years are bad besides Kentucky basketball. I did get to enjoy a few cowboys winning seasons in the 90s followed by the curse of Jerry Jones ego. Only now that his son has the biggest say in the draft room have we started to turn it around. Jerry wanted Manziel and Stephen talked him out of it. That was some crazy good luck. 

• Forum MVP

That’s the problem with Cowboys fans. They always think they turning it around. They about to back up the Brinks truck for Dak. Gonna give him 30 million a year. Bad move. They going to piss Zeke off. He going to want out. I think Cowboys headed down hill. Had to win while Dak was still on that rookie contract. 

Jerry would’ve fathered Manziel saved him. He’d your QB today. Haha

• Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

That’s the problem with Cowboys fans. They always think they turning it around. They about to back up the Brinks truck for Dak. Gonna give him 30 million a year. Bad move. They going to piss Zeke off. He going to want out. I think Cowboys headed down hill. Had to win while Dak was still on that rookie contract. 

The league and the players are going to have to collectively-bargain the Rookie salary structure - again!  RB's treads are pretty worked through before they can get the career money.

• Forum MVP

Zeke is getting 7.5m this year and 13m next year. Asking to get another 4 years added is insanity. He got paid and is under contract still for 2 years. He gets a ton of carries but is barely top 20 in ypa. Cowboys wore him into the ground. And we are just now done with romo dead money. In essence Dak was already getting paid 35m over last 2 years with the romo dead money. Better sign him now vs after this year’s breakout season when he will become the highest paid player in football. 4k yards is all it will take. It’s the economics of football. Each new contract is bigger than the previous. Waiting on wentz was a bad move just like waiting on cooper until Michael Thomas inked his deal was a bad move even though likely coopers camp wasn’t interested in a deal yet. May even wait until after the season as he knows he’s getting paid. Zeke was beat down last year b/c of excessive use. Signing him for 4 extra years on top of 2 when he’s a problem child is dumb and the front office knows it. I’m not a fan of a 1 back system anyway. I prefer the 2 back system like Denver. You get fresh legs.

4 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Theres no option. You can’t find a top 15 QB for less and the draft will leave you with years of losing football unless you are lucky or draft 1st and cowboys won’t be drafting 1st. 

• Forum MVP

Only a little over two weeks until the college season kicks off. Get all that crap you've been meaning to do around the house the weekend of the 17th and 18th. I'm glad I'm in eastern time where I can still get some things done Saturday morning. I wouldn't get anything done on the west coast with games starting at 9

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Unless you're in Black Mountain and you won't get shit done...😅😅

Those of you fortunate enough to be going to black mountain will need to bump it up a week and get it done this weekend. 

• 4 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Here's an interesting stat:

In 2 games this season, the Packers have led the Lions for a total of 0 minutes and 0 seconds and are 2-0.  How does that grab ya?  Anybody complaining about their NFL team should shut the bleep up.

c13533b4-de0b-4682-8ae2-439e7036b0db-AP_

• Forum MVP

Well McCaffrey became the 3rd player in NFL history to gain 1000/1000 rush/rec this year and we ended up fucking 5-11. And lost the last 8 games in a fucking row. And got woodshed whipped by the Aints in our last game. Good riddance you fucking 2019 NFL season. Hey Tepper, were gonna need a few of those billions to fix this dumpster fire. 

• Forum MVP
10 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Clowney dirty ass player 

I think he should have been flagged but I don’t think he was trying to hurt him. Could have broken Wentz neck if he wanted to hurt him. 

As a Hawks fan my judgement  May  be a little clouded tho

• Forum MVP

He dove full speed leading with the crown of his helmet to a player giving himself up. Tackling with the crown of the helmet is not considered a natural tackling position. You can’t do that especially in the head neck area. He was trying to remove him from the game. 

• Forum MVP

So, I have this theory about teams in the playoffs and their goals. Some guys say they want to get to the Super Bowl. Some guys want to win the super bowl. Some teams have an emotional victory in the playoffs and that ends up being their super Bowl. They blow their wad and they’re done. They get steam rolled the next playoff game. They are surprised that they got as far as they did instead of expecting to be there. It’s the team that’s focused on when time expires at the SuperBowl that has the right focus. I like watching how teams react on the way through the playoffs and looking for that intangible that separates the men from the boys. For as long as I can remember, when they introduce the players at the Super Bowl, my Dad always hollers, ‘ look at their eyes’. You can tell who’s ready to win and who’s freaked the fuck out by the big stage. 

Archived