Sign in to follow this  
Rude

Are you ready for some football

I must be desperate because watching nfl network training camp coverage. 

• Like (+1) 2

Why, yes.  I too am also ready for football.

E, tu?

rs_560x315-131217111847-nfl4.gif?fit=ins

• Like (+1) 2

I can’t wait. TV is boring for me when there is no football or basketball going on. Even morning espn sports shows are pretty boring and pointless for me. 

I love America’s pastime by the way. However only follow it on the box scores or going to games. Sometimes in September October I lock in on the TV. 

It’s time to start thinking fantasy draft

• Like (+1) 1

Once ted turner sold my braves to corporate interests and they had a player fire sale, I lost all interest in baseball. When TBS showed every braves game I became hooked. I even watched every AAA game they showed during the 1981 strike year. That was a brilliant ploy as the braves had such a great farm system and we got to see the up and coming players. Dale Murphy was my hero followed closely by bob Horner. Those braves teams in the early 80s were horrible, but I realize that most of my sports teams through the years are bad besides Kentucky basketball. I did get to enjoy a few cowboys winning seasons in the 90s followed by the curse of Jerry Jones ego. Only now that his son has the biggest say in the draft room have we started to turn it around. Jerry wanted Manziel and Stephen talked him out of it. That was some crazy good luck. 

That’s the problem with Cowboys fans. They always think they turning it around. They about to back up the Brinks truck for Dak. Gonna give him 30 million a year. Bad move. They going to piss Zeke off. He going to want out. I think Cowboys headed down hill. Had to win while Dak was still on that rookie contract. 

Jerry would’ve fathered Manziel saved him. He’d your QB today. Haha

I have to get on the road early from Black Mountain Sunday to make my home draft. But I am indeed ready for some football. 

59 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

That’s the problem with Cowboys fans. They always think they turning it around. They about to back up the Brinks truck for Dak. Gonna give him 30 million a year. Bad move. They going to piss Zeke off. He going to want out. I think Cowboys headed down hill. Had to win while Dak was still on that rookie contract. 

The league and the players are going to have to collectively-bargain the Rookie salary structure - again!  RB's treads are pretty worked through before they can get the career money.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not saying Zeke shouldn’t demand his worth. RBs get screwed but if we screwing the Cowboys. I’m good with that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Zeke is getting 7.5m this year and 13m next year. Asking to get another 4 years added is insanity. He got paid and is under contract still for 2 years. He gets a ton of carries but is barely top 20 in ypa. Cowboys wore him into the ground. And we are just now done with romo dead money. In essence Dak was already getting paid 35m over last 2 years with the romo dead money. Better sign him now vs after this year’s breakout season when he will become the highest paid player in football. 4k yards is all it will take. It’s the economics of football. Each new contract is bigger than the previous. Waiting on wentz was a bad move just like waiting on cooper until Michael Thomas inked his deal was a bad move even though likely coopers camp wasn’t interested in a deal yet. May even wait until after the season as he knows he’s getting paid. Zeke was beat down last year b/c of excessive use. Signing him for 4 extra years on top of 2 when he’s a problem child is dumb and the front office knows it. I’m not a fan of a 1 back system anyway. I prefer the 2 back system like Denver. You get fresh legs.

4 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Theres no option. You can’t find a top 15 QB for less and the draft will leave you with years of losing football unless you are lucky or draft 1st and cowboys won’t be drafting 1st. 

• Like (+1) 1

Only a little over two weeks until the college season kicks off. Get all that crap you've been meaning to do around the house the weekend of the 17th and 18th. I'm glad I'm in eastern time where I can still get some things done Saturday morning. I wouldn't get anything done on the west coast with games starting at 9

My son invited me to drive over to the western shore and catch a ravens preseason game Thursday night.  That should provoke fall fever. 50 yard line seats, all expenses paid, VIP parking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

50 yard line seats, all expenses paid, VIP parking. 

Party Possse!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, bs69 said:

Get all that crap you've been meaning to do around the house the weekend of the 17th and 18th. 

Unless you're in Black Mountain and you won't get shit done...😅😅

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Unless you're in Black Mountain and you won't get shit done...😅😅

Those of you fortunate enough to be going to black mountain will need to bump it up a week and get it done this weekend.