Truckin'
drums
Gimme Some Lovin'
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Throwin' Stones
Not Fade Away

Brokedown Palace

Filler: Tangled Up In Blue

What a killer show! I swear this band gets better every time I see them. They really nail the sound of the late 80s. Some standouts for me were the Shakedown Street, Jack Straw (which the band absolutely slayed), Bird Song, China > Rider, the Mind Left Body Jam out of Truckin, and that cherry on top filler of Tangled Up In Blue. The whole show smoked. Praise DSO

Edited by izaacb
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

So how to begin. How to capture this terrible emotion?  How’d do I tell the story when the words are so hard to write

These last two shows I’ve been carrying myself with a real heavy heart. My mom needs your prayers. She was diagnosed with brain cancer. It’s life sentence. I can’t explain how the songs resonate other to say that Terrapin is heaven and I know my mom will be there much sooner than I’m ready to handle. Ready to accept. Have even truly begun to understand. But whether it one day or 3 years its time to cherish every 2nd of mom. Nobody has ever loved like my mom does. Nobody ever will. So as her body becomes a brokedown palace I pray for the river to sing her sweet sweet songs. 

I really appreciate the love and support many of you have already shared with me. Big big thanks to Rob B and DSO for all you’ve done for me and looking at for me and my family as I work my way through this. I have so much I want to say and share but it’s all so fresh. I don’t even understand. How to talk about something I haven’t grasped yet. 

I truly hope I don’t have to update this heartfelt cry for many years. We will see what tomorrow brings but she’s still here and I need to get with it and be there and cherish it. 

Love is real

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP

Like many of us I don’t come around here very much anymore. I just stopped by to say that I love you Rick. It was heartbreaking when you told me the news about your Mom the other day. She is a beautiful soul, the time we spent at her house in Ocean City will go down in infamy. I am grateful that I got to know her. I know how much she has done for you throughout the years, and how she’s always been there for you through think and thin. She and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith my brother. Miracles happen. You are loved by all of your friends, and we’ll be there for you.

• Like (+1) 4

My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family as you deal with this.  I know the struggle brain cancer can wrought on a family.  My own mother has been being treated for this for the past two years.  I pray that you get the news that we continue to get as to my mother's condition.  She was diagnosed as having a certain enzyme that has stumped the doctor's as to how long she has left.  According to them, they don't have a clue. After the surgery and chemo, the cancer hasn't spread.  So each MRI that she has is a moment of triumph.  I have taken my mom to several DSO shows in the Twin Cities area.  Again, my prayers go out to her that she has many successful days ahead with a long life ahead.

Edited by stdilbert
Important information added
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Love, Strength, Hope, and Healing to your Mom and to you and your family.  So tough to hear - Moms are what make our worlds go round.  She’s a fearless soul who will meet this head-on and may you draw strength from everyone who loves you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, stdilbert said:

My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family as you deal with this.  I know the struggle brain cancer can wrought on a family.  My own mother has been being treated for this for the past two years.  I pray that you get the news that we continue to get as to my mother's condition.  She was diagnosed as having a certain enzyme that has stumped the doctor's as to how long she has left.  According to them, they don't have a clue. After the surgery and chemo, the cancer hasn't spread.  So each MRI that she has is a moment of triumph.  I have taken my mom to several DSO shows in the Twin Cities area.  Again, my prayers go out to her that she has many successful days ahead with a long life ahead.

We are awaiting the pathology report. They know it’s cancer. They believe it’s advanced and aggressive but they won’t say anything about median life expectancy until they get the pathology report. She had another MRI last night to see how well they did removing the tumor. We will have those results tonite. Pathology tonite or tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your story. 

• Like (+1) 1

With all the wonderful things that have been said here about your Mom, Rick, I know she is loved, respected, and cared about by many. I just want to send positive thoughts your way, and hope you and your family will be with her as often as you can during these very difficult times. May you find peace, strength, and the will to go bravely forward with your life, knowing that you are a part of her, and some of her will live on in you. 

• Forum MVP
On August 12, 2019 at 7:49 AM, Mason's Child said:

We are awaiting the pathology report. They know it’s cancer. They believe it’s advanced and aggressive but they won’t say anything about median life expectancy until they get the pathology report. She had another MRI last night to see how well they did removing the tumor. We will have those results tonite. Pathology tonite or tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your story. 

Feelin' ya Rick. Peace to you and your mom. Sending Love

💜