Rick and family

Weather Command

Rick's Mom needs a prayer or 2. She is undergoing a difficult time. Please keep her and Rick in your thoughts 💓💓 Rick's Mom is one of the sweetest souls on the planet.....Ill never forget the time she opened her house to us during dso land some 7 years ago....Mea, my pup was with us and she took it upon herself to treat Mea like she was her own dog. . Not something I'll EVER forget....I would place Mea in her crate...once we arrived back home after dso show, Mea was out and about because Mrs. E. couldn't  stand to see Mea in her crate...Mea didnt mind 😉😍...THINKING of Rick's Mom during this difficult time..Love you Rick and your awesome family!!!! You are one of my oldest friends thru the music of DSO...I'm here for you for anything...please know this!!!

• Forum MVP

My several talks with her were good, wide-ranging, and always centered on family. God bless her. I remember that one night at the house and the interesting aftermath the next morning.

Bix, looking for your keys was one highlight. There were several others, the stuff of DSO legend. In the face of all that she kept an even keel. That right there speaks volumes. 

Thank you.

• Forum MVP

My mom as opened her doors to many different people traveling through and traveling in the DSO community. Not just at the shore house. She conveniently left town for several years in a row when DSO played Philadelphia New Years. She knew I was having a house party with lots of friends. 

I appreciate the post Bix and I love you guys dearly. 

• Forum MVP

Rick, 

Today at our haumana, I put you and your mom in the circle (dedicating our practice) while we chanted the E Ho Mai, calling in Aloha, or love. We all danced for you a beautiful kahiko hula byt Loea Hewitt at Pauahi with his grandmother and learning  to look for the signs the Universe brings to us if we have eyes to see. And another for the goddess Poliahu known for her peaceful protection and calm ways who lives at Mauna Kea. We sang with the peaceful protesters at Mauna Kea today at 5:00EST and closed with a Mahalo chant and offered up the practice to the heavens as an offering of love and healing. 

I pray the journey will be easier than hard as you all negotiate this diagnosis. I know that blessings will be there along the way and pray these are many, bringing courage and strength for whatever Love has to show and share with you. 

• Forum MVP

While I haven’t met you yet,  feel I know you through the forums. I was thinking of you and your delicate situation while the band played  the last lines of China Doll Monday night in Dewey beach. I took that energy in and sent it straight up to the heavens, imagining it raining down on you, helping you get by. I wish nothing but the best while you climb this mountain that is in front of you. 

• Forum MVP

I met your mom once.  It was a in and out after some show.  Dont know her well Rick, but, I know she loves you.  The love for a son, and the love a son has for a mother.  Its special.  I wish your family the best.  Hang in there.  Be her rock as she has been yours.  Love you bro. 

Archived