Tennessee Jed ; 
Terrapin Station > 
Playing In The Band [17:59] > Drums > Space > 
Black Peter > 
Not Fade Away > 
Playing In The Band 

Encore: U.S. Blues 

Filler: Cats Down Under the Stars, White Rabbit

I had not looked at this setlist since it was announced they were doing it, so by show time I didn't know what was coming. I know 79 and had some good ideas, but I don't like knowing what's coming. 6 songs in when we FINALLY got a light breather for LLR is when I realize it's pretty friggin hot, about 168% humidity, I'm soaked, and this is awesome!!! The crowd was thick, maybe a bit more than previous years, but not substantially more than non-pisgah jubilee years by my measure. We arrived for most of the California Kind set and the crowd was pretty thin, so maybe the heat kept folks inside until DSO (it did for us day 2). Love the deal first set closer cause you feel like you just stepped off a roller coaster for set break, good feeling. 2nd set from Terrapin on was a pretty intense dance scene. If you were in it, you got swept up in it. Even when people were cutting through to get out of the crowd, the only way they could penetrate the group was to dance.. haha. Like it or not, you gotta dance to get through! Blooze, Cats and Rabbit really tapped any remaining cells of energy as all three smoked, and Lisa owns Rabbit. Super fun show with a pretty typical 79 list, lacking somewhat in special songs but totally made up for with spectacular execution by the band and crew. Having a big forum dance party didn't hurt either.. well wait a minute, come to think of it I was hurting the next morning. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

It was a Row Jimmy all the way to Black Mountain leading up to this day, even the day of there was a medical emergency that had potential to tear this old building down. Prior to that-  NOLA had left a big mark on our household,; I’m thinking I should’ve drank more alcohol than water 🤣 (Sazerac here and there vs finishing off the evening at the Abbey)  ( I drank a lot of tap) because they treat their water so differently. We felt bad for days.

oh the Black Peter slide guitar was divine! And the Terrapin/ Playing was a joy ride! This is the day I happened upon Kelly and she had willed me front. We were going to leave to our crowd but damn! The sound was soooooo good during Cats, I couldn’t miss the great Great Society song! 

Gonna feed my head with beautiful thoughts.... 💗.... of all the smiling faces. 

• Like (+1) 1
On 8/17/2019 at 4:01 PM, LangeradoSoul said:

I wasn’t hyped about the set list (which is what happens when I know beforehand), but I should have known a set list means nothing when the band plays. They played awesome and I got lost in the notes, which is what I always want. Great time! 

I never look at the setlist beforehand...but, have an idea of what might be played..total buzz kill when they announce the show...

• Like (+1) 2