DS

Dark ️ ( One verse)

UJB reprise

Comes A Time 

OMSN

E|

Box of Rain 🙏🏻

Revolution 

Missing some first set maybe ? I think this is right.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

This was the goods!  Among the handful of peak dancing experiences ever.  DSO was at the top of their game this weekend - especially Saturday.  I’ll ‘try’ to piece together a review here soon...

Feel lucky to share the amazing energy with so many great people!  Just.Simply.Beautiful ❤️

Id love to see that group photo 🌈

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I thought Stephen was b4 Comes A Time but no matter what a set!

I have made all of these save one and this is certainly a special venue and event. 

As I do VIP I hang stage right with several good people I have met over the years here. Stage left is where most of the board members cut the rug...I mean grass.

Prudence was a damn monster. Deep Elem first set highlight.

Love this place.

Boulder or bust!

• Like (+1) 1

I was at these shows this weekend in Pisgah.  Was my first DSO shows, but I've seen a lot of others at Pisgah and probably 30 or so Dead shows/offshoots.  A beautiful place to see them.  A crazy highlight while sitting in the VIP section during drums - the insects (crickets I think) were all chirping along to the drums set (which was a very organic/foresty type sound).  It was crazy to hear these effects in stereo as the band "connected with the animals".  It was really cool to hear that.

After seeing DSO, they are the real deal.  And they absolutely killed it at Pisgah.  What a wonderful experience.  I would recommend this venue to anyone with any interest in seeing live music in and/or around Asheville.  Great folks and it was an easy, comfortable experience.  Thumbs up Y'all!

-Rowan 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
10 hours ago, rowansamuel said:

A crazy highlight while sitting in the VIP section during drums - the insects (crickets I think) were all chirping along to the drums set (which was a very organic/foresty type sound).  It was crazy to hear these effects in stereo as the band "connected with the animals".  It was really cool to hear that.

Rowan...if u thought they slayed  the drum solo.. their Terrapin Station would have blow ur mind!!

That was my first event at pisgah.

it was a great place with a super casual vibe. Huge diff from

the 6 armed police and German Shepard at the entrance to Virginia credit union... 

i made the 8 hour journey based on this show being a must go.. Thank u to everyone that said that, u were so right 

DSO is the greatest and a venue is a huge part of the experience!!!

i can post the group photo if I can figure out the .1 meg limit or if someone gives me a hint 

• Forum MVP

This was just a WOW night for me. From the set list which was beautifully sprinkled with some JGB, to the blazing sunset amid the mountain backdrop as the first set closed with a ridiculously good Let it Rock. That was preceded by another hoe-down first set that gave not an inch to the weary. Yes, that Deep Elem sent things into a frenzy. As the second set took off with Music the dance party was vast and it almost seemed orchestrated or choreographed, as everyone moved seamlessly among the flailing arms and feet. Kinda like everyone had a forcefield around them, but they didn't cause I hugged a lot of them.. haha. Another summer tour ended just exactly perfect, including the air bnb afterparty where the love and talent continued to flow. Hell I'll even include the Denny's that saw us two mornings in a row and eventually made enough food to fill Sunny's belly. Thank you DSO and crew for this tradition that fills our cup good every August.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

****The BEST****

These shows are a homecoming for me. It is so healing to be around such beautiful souls and restores my glow. I see people I've known for 30 years and those a short while just as special who are family. I have lost the worst old energies, falsehoods, and  memories and been imbued with loving realities and truth and memories. There is a fountain not made by the hands of man. Mythology lives in this music ready to mystically reveal its beautiful truth. 

Beautiful night! The mulch in the "pit" is gone and replaced with gravel- not my favorite but no worries of being impaled. The crew really did a great job of creating a jubilee with fantastic vendors and good food; though I miss the "Cheesus Saves" Pizza truck. From the Amazing Giants to vendors to even Janice, that familiar smile and voice made the best festive time. 

Magic happens here. I love a bertha-> Good loving opener! I had been running from Bertha a good while looking for that good loving space. And even as I sit down with that damn Dire Wolf eyes wide open, I am ready for the catharsis brought in that opportunity as much as these eyes can see and heart can feel. Good things coming could be felt as Gr8fulpair spoke of Tea's divination with the first notes of Deep Elem and its bass bombs. It was raucous good time. The set was so full of goodness and peaked with Let It Rock! Gosh, MNS second set opener made it feel like Christmas coming and it did with Dear Prudence. It developed into a nice psychedelic jam as good as the rhythmic, upbeat Dark Star but so much more unexpected. It was like getting a Nutcracker for Christmas that year; thank you DSO!! LIG beautiful and made my hubby so happy; he grooved on out. I floated between 5 spots visiting; one of my bfs energetically called me to the front though at times- feeling like a caged bird . The whole show just got better and better

The love in the air was palpable. One for the books!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

That’s a large group of inner DSO family. Clearly not all of us that would identify that way but we all know each other and for the most part met on DSO tour and through DSO. I can name everyone on the picture except for maybe one or two. Those one or two could probably name me as I am a space case and have spent time with all in that photo.

So Mason and family are in that photo except my step daughter toph who was running around with other kids. 

I will help with the front row. Melli Sammy and Nina

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Not sure I could describe it any better than PG did - WOW!  For me it was straight-up Magic.  So many people dancing, weaving, jumping, hoping, bouncing, spinning, prancing, strutting, skipping, shaking, sliding, swaying, and loving!  The music and environment were right there with the very best of times for me.

Black Throated wind was my slingshot to Mars but it's hard for me not to say the whole night was a highlight.  Deep Elem, Peggy-O, wicked Jack Straw and the Let it Rock just blew me apart - a sweaty mess, everything soaked through.  The Music to open the 2nd set was a ridiculously-perfect start and everything that came after seemed to fit together perfectly.  Man - that dear prudence was something to behold!  So many musical themes in there with a purely psychedelic root.  Just PURE synchronicity from start to finish.  I got to fill my cup even though it's not easy to do when it's poured with a fire-hose ! 

I'm towards the back in a Detroit Tigers navy cap and glasses - in front of that mountain of a man in a cowboy hat !  Can't wait for Colorado !!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Friday night was a more powerful experience for me, for entheogenic reasons, but this show was one for the record books in terms of music and dancing. One of those nights when every time i looked at someone they were looking at me- and smiling. So good to see my friends getting down at 110%.

Yes, Black Mountain is the best.

Thanks to those fine folks who came and shared in our post show Jams! 

• Like (+1) 1