bizarre spat of plague-infected prairie dogs

Michael Doc Watson

• Forum MVP

Phish  is normally a bit over the top but this situation is somewhat far out. Both camping and vending at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park have been cancelled for Phish’s  Labor Day weekend in Colorado due to  bizarre spat of plague-infected prairie dogs. Mayor Sean Ford says, There is concern that the grounds are over run by fleas spreading the plague. adding that “Shakedown Alley” will not be happening either.

https://jambands.com/news/2019/08/20/commerce-city-council-rules-limited-camping-at-phishs-labor-day-weekend-run-at-dicks/?utm_source=Relix+Daily&utm_campaign=e49f7f24a9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_08_19_09_49&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_486e6e4b54-e49f7f24a9-27757703&mc_cid=e49f7f24a9&mc_eid=09e8febf03

At Black Mountain’s  Super 8,  late at night after the DSO show I saw a very fat beaver down by the creek eating the grass like he had the munchies. He was not scratching for fleas so I think our environment is safe from the plague.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The resemblance is uncanny:

phish-prairie-dog-plague.jpg?resize=900,

Phish had already planned to incorporate this image as a part of their light show:

150827150607-plague-explainer-cohen-orig

All kidding aside - I feel bad for Phish fans on this one.  It seems the municipality waited a bit too long to make this call so now there is a mad scramble for accommodations. 

• Forum MVP

So I was chatting today about this and my assistant asks “are you joking around?”. Well evidently there is a “House” episode where a woman has been out west and contracted the plague from a dog bc fleas can’t tell the diff between dogs and prairie dogs she had just watched the other night from 2007. Ha! 

Archived