9/06/19 Boulder, CO Night One

stdilbert

The band recreated the following show:

Orpheum Theatre, San Francisco, CA (7/13/76)

Mississippi Half-Step
Big River
Peggy-O
Cassidy
Crazy Fingers
Let it Grow
drums
Let it Grow
Might As Well

Music Never Stopped
It Must Have Been the Roses
Samson and Delilah
High Time
St. Stephen
Not Fade Away
St. Stephen
Sugar Magnolia
Stella Blue
Sunshine Daydream

Dancin' in the Streets

Filler: Mr. Charlie

Box of Rain

The show was excellent.  I do have to say that I had a strange sense of deja vu  with this recreation.  I had heard them do this particular show before last September at the Vic Theater.  I guess with a show this good why not play it more than once?  Yes, it is that good.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Oh man, what a show. While the first set was absolutely relentless, the second set was a combination of songs that fit together just exactly perfect. The High Time made me cry, not for personal reasons but because it was so fucking good and I've heard it so few times. Jeff killed it, vocals spot on. The Stephen sandwich and into Stella was a ride that took me from frenzy to melting over and over. As one would expect, it was a packed house, space a premium. We did ok in the balcony. Great to see lots of smiling faces from around here. The band and crew once again delivered high value for the cost of attendance. Weather post show was sublime. Ready for another, please!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

1976 is one of my favorite era's that DSO does - glad they decided to kick things off with an Orpheum 76 show .  So dancy, with some jazzy flair.  First set highlights were the 1/2 Step, Crazy Fingers, Let It Grow.  2nd set had all I needed!  In your face, delicate, pleading, blissy, sorrowful, hopeful, and energetically-tight.  Up in the balcony and save for navigating some steps here and there, it was excellent dancing space from the jump. 

What made this night the most special was getting to share this show with my brother!  His first DSO show!  He was expecting it to be good from my rave reviews of the past but he confessed he had no idea it would be quite so polished.  Getting to hang with him along with some excellent, wonderful, kind people just made it that much more special!

What a way to kick things off :lala:

• Like (+1) 5