I Know You Rider>

Playing In The Band>

Bird Song>

Drums/Space>

Hey Jude>

Playing In The Band (Reprise)>

Morning Dew>

Encore: Quinn The Eskimo

For those playing at home, that's four Dylan songs tonight.  They played Hey Jude.  The crowd was so into singing the end that they almost would let them go on.  Great crowd tonight. Jeff played Jerry's tiger for most of the night.  I believe that he is also planning on playing it at Red Rocks on Sunday's show.  I did record the show tonight.  Give me a few days to put it up on Archive.

It is not the original Tiger but a replica built by Leo Elliott of Scarlet Fire Guitars in Dallas.

Edited by stdilbert
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Thank you for a wonderful evening! It has been so good to be back at the Boulder theater and in this town. 

Beautiful people

Beautiful hearts

Beautiful music.

The band played their hearts out and really everything was remarkable. I did feel like we were about to go to church out of space as the music changed tone markedly. It must’ve been for that Morning Dew!    ...... Drop. Dead. Gorgeous like all your lovely souls. 

When someone looks at you at you and says that set was written for me, and you feel the same way- it’s a winner. 

• Like (+1) 3

A year or two back I posted “as long as there’s one person at the show that loves this music like I do, I will be there”
Last night it seemed like it was everyone...dancing, singing, twirling, swaying , hopping and all right from the first note. 
What a great vibe with great people from all over the country.  
The Drums had a primitive part that pulled me and the guy next to me right in..incredible, where else can I get that communion.
Thanks DSO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
16 hours ago, stdilbert said:

It is not the original Tiger but a replica built by Leo Elliott of Scarlet Fire Guitars in Dallas.

Interesting.  The original Tiger was played publicly for the first time since 7-9-95 Box of Rain in 2016 by Warren Haynes. In none other than Red Rocks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, PoetryGirl said:

Thank you for a wonderful evening! It has been so good to be back at the Boulder theater and in this town. 

Beautiful people

Beautiful hearts

Beautiful music.

The band played their hearts out and really everything was remarkable. I did feel like we were about to go to church out of space as the music changed tone markedly. It must’ve been for that Morning Dew!    ...... Drop. Dead. Gorgeous like all your lovely souls. 

When someone looks at you at you and says that set was written for me, and you feel the same way- it’s a winner. 

Like it was written in my soul....

Still processing these shows but the arc of this one was simply breathtaking.  The Dylan-fest was what I wanted and needed :wub:

• Like (+1) 2

Nothing better then to roll over the hills into Boulder for a second night and be greeted by a sweet four song cowboy mini-set to start the show. MAMU>Big River really stoked the place up. Believe it or Not tugging at the strings. Easy Wind was down in the dirt groovy with notes stretching like molasses. The Tangled harmonics were smooth and 13 mins later there was a growl to end the set. 

Stranger, the mindbender pushing my consciousness to the cliffs of sanity. So many notes. So much space. Then taken on a ride of all colors through an Escher waterfall over the bridge into Rider. For a moment, sound and possibly time stopped in the middle of Dew. Boogied home on another Saturday nite. 

How can I forget my favorite song: Drums/Space. A trip thru the cosmic rainforest.

Edited by Dharmada
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Just Wow.  This was my favorite night of the 2 in Boulder even though I'm a total '76 junkie. 

Jack Straw is always a welcome opener and there were some serious bombs going off to close out the song - super tight!  I'm not a musician so trying to explain what was going on during Loser escapes my understanding.  When Jeff did his solo, it had this high, piercing arc that he drew out and bent at just the right times.  I love it when he does that - whatever THAT is.  Then some cowboy that almost felt like it had some cowbell - pretty cool.

Not a We Can Run fan - except when Barraco does it.  There was a neat, confident gravel to his voice and delivery that made it work really well.  Not sure why Jerry didn't do more Believe It or Not's.  I saw it twice in 1990 and then never again - this one took me back though!

Then we begin our Dylan portion of the evening...……Thank you, thank you , thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Masterpiece was just that, and then a down -n- dirty, funk-soul Easy Wind.  If you're lookin to get silly, listen to Skips bombs on Tom's Thumbs - good to get the cage rattled now and again.  The Black Throated - Tangled was, was, was, was, astonishing?  Yes, astonishing.  100%.

A Silky Stranger ushered the China Cat Suite through it's sweet thrill-ride - packed with vitamins and minerals to boot.  I love Space Jazz or is it called Playin > Bird Song?  I forget.  All I do know is that it was 22 minutes of beautiful exploration.  I little shorter space jazz drums space was enjoyed - my brother gripping me a little to stay in his shoes since we were separated for longer than we wanted.

The space was a mix between close encounters to begin and Imagine to finish which then slid into Hey Jude.  Just remember, to let it into your heart, then you can start, to make it better.  Somehow better it got with the Playin wrap-up crashing into a pin-drop Dew.  That was a gargantuan effort.  Holy Crap!  An 80's pleasure with the Dylan Quinn. 

So great to share this with my brother and some other special people who danced, and danced, and danced, and danced, and danced, and then danced some more.  Huge smiles, waving hands, jumping, weaving, laughing, spinning - all exploding into a kaleidoscope of glitter.

More please.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
17 hours ago, Weather Command said:

Your crew makes it even more than it is..tonight was one of the best dancing sessions EVER!!! 

Second that. The Rahj was very pleased on this fine evening.

17 hours ago, Weather Command said:

Your crew makes it even more than it is..tonight was one of the best dancing sessions EVER!!! 

Second that. The Rahj was very pleased on this fine evening.

• Like (+1) 1