Red Rocks 9/8/19

Hardpan

Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, CO (9/8/83)

Shakedown Street
Mama Tried
Big River
Ramble on Rose
Hell in a Bucket
Brown Eyed Women
Looks Like Rain
Deal

Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Estimated Prophet
Terrapin Station
drums
Throwin' Stones
Black Peter
Around and Around
Good Lovin'

Baby Blue

Filler: White Rabbit

• Thanks (+1) 1

One of those perfect nights when I was able to lose myself fully in the music, highlights are a bit tough to recall, it was really lovely the whole way through. Terrapin was special, and it was amazing to hear almost all of Red Rocks get down almost to pin drop quiet during Black Peter. Lisa tore it down with White Rabbit, great to hear that song in that place at the end of the night. The rain held off to within a couple seconds of the final beat of the song, really cool.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

Wow what a weekend! Disneyland was NOT the happiest place on Earth. The band on fire and greeting several star heads from days of yore that I haven’t seen in over a decade! Also greeting contemporary tour folks for first time along with the plethora of usual suspects.

First hot and sunny.

Next deluge and coldness

Next rainbows!

Then the moon...

Band playing with lightning dancing on the background.

Then the final deluge

• Like (+1) 4

The cameras during Drums were a great first for me. Seeing Dino’s and Rob’s talent up close during the entire piece was like hearing them for the first time. The way they  play with and off each other is as good as it gets, with the sound in that place being perfect ...

I’d like to thank them for 3 days of all out hard work. It can’t be easy putting it all out there every night. I only danced and I’m exhausted.

praise DSO 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I think the nights music and energy punched a hole in the sky! 

White Rabbit ended. I felt one drop, second and then third. Then the heavens opened up. Washed clean. 

Incredible. Felt like the first time at Red Rocks. Yay DSO!!! Love you all. My feet are still swollen from dancing. 😄

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Epic weekend. Was crazy how the rain started pouring within seconds of show ending. I wonder if Dso finishing with their short white rabbit vs longer one was because of the radar.  Waiting at the top of the venue b4 the show was unique because I’ve never been up in the mountains with lightning striking all around us. They herded all of us at the top entrance into the museum and theater so we wouldn’t die. I’d have never walked through there if that hadn’t happened. After the show, the gf accidentally deleted the whole memory card on her camera so the likely thousand pics of the weekend are in digital purgatory. I’m not a big picture taker when traveling as I tend to try to avoid technology but I’m glad she does because it’s nice going back years and watching slide shows on tv of our travels and to me it reinforces the memory of the event. In the things vs experience debate(there is no debate imo) maybe pics are the one thing that enhances the memory of the experience. 

• Like (+1) 3

...really hard to explain how great this band really is....Red Rocks is mind blowing...so many of my bestest friends were unable to attend and were sorely missed....you know who you are! Lets plan on next year ..please!! There has to be 500 people I've met over the years who are close friends....we all know we cannot always make it to every show but this one(s) are can't misses!!! Love to you all!!

Listening to the original recording of this show tonight, Bob Wagner's killer audience recording. Really special to listen to the GD recording and remember the time I was having during the show, almost like listening back on to our own version of that night, I feel lucky to be alive to experience the music this band brings through right now. 

• Forum MVP

I finished a long re-cap of my show experience and have now thought better of it.  Needless to say, it was a really wonderful time in a really magical place.  26 years since my last concert at RR and I was treated to a thrilling experience.  The weather ran the full spectrum as did the variety of the show.  I was so glad to be next to my brother on one side and what felt like a band of brothers and sisters on the other.  I felt surrounded by love, joy, wonder, mystery, excitement, and acceptance.  I was also surrounded by rain within a moment of the band trailing off from that White Rabbit

I like to take that ride again!  2 nights at Red Rox would be dead, solid, perfect (after a couple in Boulder of course to whet our appetites).  Thanks to DSO and Crew - there was a great deal to pull off and everyone did so in spades :P

• Like (+1) 2