Red Rocks 9/8/19

Hardpan

On 9/9/2019 at 10:09 AM, Hardpan said:

One of those perfect nights when I was able to lose myself fully in the music, highlights are a bit tough to recall, it was really lovely the whole way through. Terrapin was special, and it was amazing to hear almost all of Red Rocks get down almost to pin drop quiet during Black Peter. Lisa tore it down with White Rabbit, great to hear that song in that place at the end of the night. The rain held off to within a couple seconds of the final beat of the song, really cool.

"...it was amazing to hear almost all of Red Rocks get down almost to pin drop quiet during Black Peter"

From my seat and experience, *ALL* of Red Rocks was quiet and still.  What an experience to be at a concert with thousands of people - the silence and stillness was exquisitely beautiful, most palapable.   Maybe the pre-show weather up there (and Hot Tuna) mystified us a bit.

............"Now"..........

Thank you to band, crew, and Colorado people for a most amazing three nights of such sweet music ❤️

Frank

Edited by franknkeene
  • Like (+1) 2
3 hours ago, franknkeene said:

"...it was amazing to hear almost all of Red Rocks get down almost to pin drop quiet during Black Peter"

From my seat and experience, *ALL* of Red Rocks was quiet and still.  What an experience to be at a concert with thousands of people - the silence and stillness was exquisitely beautiful, most palapable.   Maybe the pre-show weather up there (and Hot Tuna) mystified us a bit.

............"Now"..........

Thank you to band, crew, and Colorado people for a most amazing three nights of such sweet music ❤️

Frank

It was indeed quite special to experience the quiet among such a large group of people, I felt proud of my fellow audience members to be so attentive and respectful. I agree that the quiet was thick and palpable ❤️❤️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

All pictures finally recovered!!! Found jazz fest and jubilee that were yet to be pulled off the card. There were some great pics we will be sending out to everyone in them. There are some fantastic fun pics. Mei was free ranging and has pics with almost everyone lol. There are a few gems but unfortunately wont share them with the entire internet considering the new software which removes peoples clothing. Don’t want people to think mango was streaking at redrocks. But it’s also a great cover in case you are caught on camera actually streaking through say the Vic Theater. That would be easy to prove though. You would definitely lose a foot being naked in the Vic. No way you are getting out of that place without some major infection. Their no shoes no shirt no service sign just says no shoes no foot. On that note 8 days til we put Vick’s vapor rub on our upper lip like a coroner. They are the only music venue with an indoor steam room/smoking lounge/bathroom all in one. Employees run downstairs to the bathroom to smoke cigs then stomp out on the floor. It was my 1st Dso show so it has a place in my heart. If the Pabst theater is Chevy chase, the Vic is cousin eddy. Thank you folks. That’s all the time I have. Make sure to tip your servers and bartenders. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I wanted to throw a shout to Hardpan for going at it like his plane was going down, and inspiring me, all night. I def would not want to be a step counter in that dude's pocket. Love ya brother! And so glad we were both there with our brothers from the same mother's, including our boy Tea, it was a cool brother communion. Solid gold memories. 

• Like (+1) 3
6 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

I wanted to throw a shout to Hardpan for going at it like his plane was going down, and inspiring me, all night. I def would not want to be a step counter in that dude's pocket. Love ya brother! And so glad we were both there with our brothers from the same mother's, including our boy Tea, it was a cool brother communion. Solid gold memories. 

Aw man, it was so much fun dancing with you and our brothers. You were tearing it up too! What a great night. Talking about a step counter, I've thought of putting on a heart rate monitor to see what three hours of intense aerobic activity amounts to 😛

35 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Love hardpans relentless energy. 

Love yours too. Whenever I felt myself wavering, all I would need is to look around and see you or another of our friends ripping it up and it would keep me goin. 

Speaking of dancing, we had quite a ripping and symbiotic dance party goin on, and particularly for having somewhat limited space. Was fun to see people blasting back and forth, climbing up and down the three or four rows we were spread out over, twirling and laying the smack down. Lots and lots of fun, so grateful to have made many new friends in this past year, you all have enriched my life in indescribable ways ❤️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I can only speak for myself really but it’s been my pleasure and my blessing meeting you hardpan. Can’t thank you and your family enough for helping in Hampton beach. 

We sure did have an epic epic dance party going. First two nights at Boulder I struggled to really find my feet and get into the groove. I was on fire at red rocks. The group around me and the respect that group has for each other and the music was definitely a large part of me finding that special place. 

• Like (+1) 1
6 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I can only speak for myself really but it’s been my pleasure and my blessing meeting you hardpan. Can’t thank you and your family enough for helping in Hampton beach. 

We sure did have an epic epic dance party going. First two nights at Boulder I struggled to really find my feet and get into the groove. I was on fire at red rocks. The group around me and the respect that group has for each other and the music was definitely a large part of me finding that special place. 

Thanks MC, it's also been my pleasure  and blessing (to steal your words)  getting to know you and your lovely family. 

You were taking care of business at Red Rocks, fun to look over and see you expressing your ecstacy.  I agree that it was tougher to get a good groove going for the first couple nights in Boulder, just jam packed in there, but being surrounded by people trying to do the same thing was helpful, and I still left completely sodden from exertion 😛

• Forum MVP

Everyone has their Animal Dance Guide. Mine is the hummingbird. Hardpan you get Rhynosarous. BillK you are Kangeroo. SML is Dolphin. Brian Tenzin = Monkey. Chuckvegas you are some kind of bird...Poetry Girl = Peacock. 

Add your own. Change the one I've given if it doesn't resonate. Have fun with it 🙂

Mason = Lion

• Like (+1) 2
1 hour ago, Mango said:

Everyone has their Animal Dance Guide. Mine is the hummingbird. Hardpan you get Rhynosarous. BillK you are Kangeroo. SML is Dolphin. Brian Tenzin = Monkey. Chuckvegas you are some kind of bird...Poetry Girl = Peacock. 

Add your own. Change the one I've given if it doesn't resonate. Have fun with it 🙂

Mason = Lion

This got me laughing, you got some good ones there and I think you got me pretty good. I'm gonna work on my rhino charge moves for the next time I see you, gonna need a lot of space but if you make it up to Lowell, that place was wide open last year, lots of room for rhino charging 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Speaking of heart rate monitors I have used my phones heart rate app at the end of a set and I was around 150. Keeping our heart rates up for that extended a period pays nice dividends unless trump is right and the human heart has a finite number of beats. In that case we are killing ourselves every show. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Rude said:

Speaking of heart rate monitors I have used my phones heart rate app at the end of a set and I was around 150. Keeping our heart rates up for that extended a period pays nice dividends unless trump is right and the human heart has a finite number of beats. In that case we are killing ourselves every show. 

If we are, it is a great way to go.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 3
20 hours ago, sml said:

Idk about LikeEveryOne (Have we met yet?) but Chuck is for sure a penguin out of water.

Sammy is a bat.

Tati is a butterfly.

Treetop is some sort of jungle mamal, maybe a lemur.

Sammy definitely has some good bat wing arm moves. Gotta go with tiger for Karl and his martial arts esque style. Rabbit for crazy digits, love his high energy style.

• Forum MVP
9 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

Sammy definitely has some good bat wing arm moves. Gotta go with tiger for Karl and his martial arts esque style. Rabbit for crazy digits, love his high energy style.

Good ones! 

I'm reassessing Hummingbird...i think i just want to be hummingbird bc they are so cool and fast. Hmmm...something that is a combination of serious and playful. Dynamic but rooted. Flowing but angular....lol.

• Like (+1) 1